News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brosche für KdF- Betreuerinnen Gau München-Oberbayern

Reverse is unmarked. I know it has a scratch or two but this was the only example I have ever been able to find. I was going to post the reverse but not able because of exceeded space requirements. Strange because I cropped reverse smaller than the opening image and put in as reply. I will wait until tommorow.

Indeed a rare find, congratulations Robert. I believe that they were worn at the throat, but so far have never found a picture of one in wear.

If you wish you can send the reverse to me & I shall post it for you.

Thanks for showing it to us.

Cheers

Don

Thank You Gents It had been on hold for me since this past July. The reverse is nothing special and kind of reminds me of a tinnie. This is acceptable to me as 8001e is of the tinnie type as well. I have to assume authenticity as I haven't ever had another in hand or in view for comparison. Don, I am sending you over the image to post if you would be so kind sir.

Ok, let's give it a try..........

[attachmentid=58226]

Seems to have accepted it :jumping:

I would assume the same as you Robert. These are very rare, & if they had been faked I would guess that we would be seeing more of them.

Cheers

Don

Robert , thanks for posting this nice and rare KdF- tinnie.

Congratulations!

With on it the Sütterlin text Gau Müchen ? Oberbayern?.

Don thanks for your help too.

As Rosenberg said I have also one. If you are interested I?ll post it later. :beer:

Cheers,

Benten

Robert , I see you realy love these badges like I do. :D

Our badge has no date and /or event like almost all tinnies have. It is not a tinnie but more an insigna for the KdF Bertreuerinnen ( female-helpers) in Gau München Oberbayern.

In general , in the large KdF organization, only about 10% of all the KdF helpers got paid for their work. Most people worked Ehren-amtlich ( for free ). This was, among others (like all the membership contributions and WHW donations ) a good income for the NSDAP.

Benten

[attachmentid=58404][attachmentid=58405]

Benten Thank You for the info. Have you ever read the KdF work by Shelley Baranowski? It is very well researched. This KdF Berlin is in Husken as well just to the left of the Oberbayern. Thanks Again Robert

Very nice Robert, you kept that one quiet..... :beer:

I do not believe that these are tinnies at all, but membership badges given either to those who worked voluntarily as Benten mentions, or to the paid workers to distinguish them from the others. Personally I would think that they were for the volunteers as a sort of thank you.

Cheers

Don

[attachmentid=58504][attachmentid=58505]

Gents Staying on the same page, here is my 8001d example. Its a funny thing though. I hadn't had this one out in a while and now it has some green oxidation/growth on the reverse. From the copper content? Any one else have one to show? Or maybe 8001a? I would love to add that one but have been unable to locate one. benten, you can get that book on Amazon. It is a little pricey but a valuable rescource for KdF. A pity shipping is so high or I would gladly loan it off to you. I have already read it thru twice. Any other good reference material on this organization? have a nice weekend. Robert :beer: