News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brosche für KdF- Betreuerinnen Gau München-Oberbayern

Don A very nice example you have there. These were suspiciously overabundant at the show I attended last weekend. Other than the fact of their numerical quantity and their "brand new appearance they also had a rectangular attaching plate on the reverse. Oh to have more funds. Buy originals and buy the latest reproductions as well.

Don, is there any way you can put our obverses side by side. As I scroll the postings up and down I notice subtle diferences in the enamel work of our badges. It looks like yours was made by a morning person in the morning and mine was made by a morning person in the afternoon!! Robert

PS Any other examples to show?

Edited by BURGERHAUS

Let's try:

[attachmentid=58605][attachmentid=58604]

How's that? I resized yours to match. I've suspected for quite a while that these have been widely faked, the trick is finding how to spot them. The pin plate is a good start, but I suspect that they've already been done with round ones. I'm not even 100% sure that mine is good yet......

It may be a trick of the eye but it seems to me sometimes that some of these badges are narrower than others. If it's not a figment of my imagination then that could be a clue.

Cheers

Don

Thanks for pairing the obverses. It's easier to see the diferences now. When I acquired my example these were few and far between and, similar to Oberbayern badge, I had nothing to use for comparison. Here's hoping others will offer theirs for our lineup and see if there are more discrepancys (sp.) I personally like your example far more than mine. Superior craftmanship!

Gents Staying on the same page, here is my 8001d example. Its a funny thing though. I hadn't had this one out in a while and now it has some green oxidation/growth on the reverse. From the copper content? Any one else have one to show? Or maybe 8001a? I would love to add that one but have been unable to locate one. benten, you can get that book on Amazon. It is a little pricey but a valuable rescource for KdF. A pity shipping is so high or I would gladly loan it off to you. I have already read it thru twice. Any other good reference material on this organization? have a nice weekend. Robert :beer:

Robert , thank you very very much for your kind offer. I appreciate it. The book is indeed a bit pricey. I inquired already and can get this book from a library about some time.. Thanks anyway Robert. :beer:

Cheers,

Benten

Robert and Don . After the KdF badge ?Gau M?nchen Oberbayern? , it is a good idea to bring up this KdF badge ?Gau K?ln- Aachen?. I like city- coat of arms, specially these in enamel of K?ln and Aachen. The 3 wavy lines in the middle could represent the rhine?

Here is my badge. Maker mark on the rear is Hoffst?tter - Bonn.

[attachmentid=58639]

This is something. It appears we are 3 holders of 3 different badges. Benten, would you know the signifigance of the 11 teardrop-like markings are? Do my eyes deceive me or are Eagles all diferent as well? Maybe DJ Joe has one to show. Now we wait. Anybody spot any other diferences on the obverse? :speechless:

Benten Thanks for that link. Eleven virgins would be a lot of work for me at my advanced age but anything would cheer me up now that I notice the three Kings' crowns are surrounded by black enamel. Yours and Dons is surrounded by red which now that I look closely is what Husken shows. Thanks again for that link. Very imformative. My example gets a red flag. Have a great Sunday. Robert

PS Anybody doing anything for Halloween? I wonder what Kev in Deva will be doing? :catjava:

Begging your pardon but I take that back for now. Upon furthur review with a loup and bright light the Crowns are indeed surrounded by a dark red enamel. Still no match to Bentens' red but red just the same. Red flag is lowered for the moment.

Edited by BURGERHAUS