News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 66
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking of swords....

why the wurtemburg with swords and the ehrenkreuz without?

not suspicious, but could a medical-type get this???

thanks! nice bar!!

joe

There were lots of people near thr front supporting the war effort from beuacrats, cart drivers, ammo handlers, railroad personel etc...

Hi MichaW,

Regarding the fourth medal, is there anything on the reverse? Assuming that there isn?t, I?ll take a wild guess - an unofficial Brunswick medal of some sort.

A close-up picture of the medal might be helpful.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Guest Rick Research

Military recipients of the Wilhelmskreuz got swords whether front line or back office clerking in Stuttgart.

ANY Wilhelmskreuz is a prize, given the numbers awarded. :beer:

Hi Don,

Since this thread has become devoted to the Wilelmskreuz and Joe Campbell mentioned that it could be awarded with or without swords, I thought that some members might like to see examples of the different versions of this cross.

The reason that there are two examples without swords and one with is evident when we compare the reverses. The crosses with swords have the inscription ?kriegs verdienst? on the reverse while the crosses without swords could be awarded with or without the inscription.

Edited by Wild Card