News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

NSDAP Medal/Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Posting scans of photos my friend Bernd sent me of a recent find- an immaculate mint 4 medal bar with early KVK2 and early NSDAP 10.

They do NOT get nicer than this!

[attachmentid=4842]

Makers' tag enthusiasts will like this one-- complete with phone number!

[attachmentid=4843]

Yes i totally agree! its a handsome bar alright! i just love the furled ribbons and the concertina ribbon bit and those type, buntmetal? i thought they were bronze? KVKII's. excellent bar! and with the added bonus of the manufacturers label on the rear.

Regards

Paul

I am unable to post pictures - - but I have a bar with all three NSDAP long service awards on it - strictly against regulations I know - but my pride and joy !!

I am unable to post pictures - - but I have a bar with all three NSDAP long service awards on it - strictly against regulations I know - but my pride and joy !!

They're rarer than hen's teeth, but they're perfectly within regulations.

--Chris

Hi Chris,

Are you sure ? I always thought only two could be worn on a bar - - anyway - the mans name was Gloy and he was from the Hamburg area - that is all I know about him. I think he would have had a Golden Party too.

In 30+ years collecting I have only ever seen 4 genuine 25 NSDAP LS Crosses - so I reckon they are rare - - it is my best piece (tho I do also have a first pattern Blood Order).

A good thread this - - I am enjoying it - - all things political are my great love !!

Thanks to all contributors.

Hi Chris,

Are you sure ?  I always thought only two could be worn on a bar - - anyway - the mans name was Gloy and he was from the Hamburg area - that is all I know about him. I think he  would have had a Golden Party too.

In 30+ years collecting I have only ever seen 4 genuine 25 NSDAP LS Crosses - so I reckon they are rare - - it is my best piece (tho I do also have a first pattern Blood Order).

A good thread this - - I am enjoying it - - all things political are my great love  !!

Thanks to all contributors.

I think you might be thinking of the "Flower Wars" medals.

Dan,

I think me and you are going to have to get together with my new digital camera sometime mate, then I can give you a cd with pics of all your gems on, then you can post pics!

Regards and best wishes,

Matt

PS I got that grouping I told you about the other day. biggrin.gif

Guest Rick Research

Yes, all three NSDAP long services were worn simultaneously.

City Councillor and ex-Kreisleiter, Member of the Reichstag Walter Gloy?

Here is my duo. John beats me to the punch every time. I have purchased a new camera since I took this so sorry for the poor quality. The 10 year is aluminum which I like better than the zinc ones.

For the moment, I can only dream of a ribbon bar with all three of the NSDAP long service medals...

So do I wink.gif . I picked this one up several years ago, before I learned about our "friend" in Ohio violent.gif

KR

Peter

Guest Rick Research

Agh! Sign Of The Cross with fingers! All hand snipped brass and his usual speechless.gif original silver devices painted the other colors! Aaagh!

I only have these, since my focus is on traceable military. As rare as a real NS25 is a real SS 12 like this one. Not to distract from the NSDAP focus of this thread, just showing because these are ALL of my Party long service ribbon bars:

[attachmentid=5705]

Yes, all three NSDAP long services were worn simultaneously.

City Councillor and ex-Kreisleiter, Member of the Reichstag Walter Gloy?

I too was wondering if perhaps this was the Gloy being referred to. He was an early member of the NSDAP so for sure would have qualified for these awards.

He was one of the members of the Reichstag for Hamburg representing the NSDAP. He was elected and served in 1931, 32 and 33, which was of course the time of the great fire.

He was born in Hamburg on 9. 2. 1886 in Hamburg, 1933-1937 Kreisleiter der NSDAP Rotherbaum Harvesthode.

Would be nice if it was him, shame you have no more details Dan, but this guy was definately a Hamburger!

regards

Matt Gibbs

I too was wondering if perhaps this was the Gloy being referred to. He was an early member of the NSDAP so for sure would have qualified for these awards.

He was one of the members of the Reichstag for Hamburg representing the NSDAP. He was elected and served in 1931, 32 and 33, which was of course the time of the great fire.

He was born in Hamburg on 9. 2. 1886 in Hamburg, 1933-1937 Kreisleiter der NSDAP Rotherbaum Harvesthode.

Would be nice if it was him, shame you have no more details Dan, but this guy was definately a Hamburger!

regards

Matt Gibbs

Hi Matt and Rick

My bar belonged to a man named GLOY - - all I know is that he came from Hamburg - - the 1914/18 Hamburg Cross is also on the bar. I guess that he would have also been entitled to a Golden Party Badge.

Thanks for he addditional information - - where did you get this from by the way ?

If any one out there has any more information about him please get in touch.

Thank you.

Dan

Guest Rick Research

He was not an officer in WW1, or listed in the 1935 Nazi "Who's Who?" ("Wer Ist's?") but he IS in Erich Stockhorst's "Wer War Was im 3. Reich: 5000 K?pfe."

The drawback to that undated work is that no sources for HIS information are shown: many of the entries are simply unsuccessful (!) 1938 Reichstag candidates!

Here is what he has--

"GLOY, Walter, geb. 9.2. 1886 in Hamburg. Teilnehmer des 1. Weltkrieges. 1933 Kreisleiter der NSDAP, Kreis Hamburg 1. 1.5. 1938 Ernennung zum Ratsherrn, 1936 Mitglied des Reichstages, Wahlkreis Hamburg."

There is no mention of his Party entry date, and I am surprised that such a Nazi pioneer was NOT in "Wer Ist's?" because Hamburg was a "Red" city and anyone who was a Nazi there from Earliest Days should have been crowing that from the rooftops in 1935.

There was a Gloy listed--

Hans Heinrich Wilhelm GLOY, "writer" ("Schriftsteller"), born Hamburg 20.4.1888, Protestant-- potentially a brother, or a cousin at least. He shows parents Tapezier Heinrich Gloy and Margarete Behrens. His writings seem of a boring commercial sort. Perhaps clues to identifying your man and getting more information. No mention of Party membership or war service on this fellow.

As a Hamburg City Councillor, I would expect there to be MUCH on Walter Gloy in city historical records, and if somehow possible to look, I am sure he would have appeared often and been photographed in the local papers of the time. If there is a party History of pre-1933 Hamburg he should be in there as well.

Good luck hunting him down!!!

Thank you Rick/Matt - - I am very grateful for all this extra information - thank you.

I have had this bar for several years now, I guess its my most prized possession. The recipient was a man called Gloy - anyway thanks again. The Hamburg Cross is red enamel and without swords as is his KVKII.