News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

TURKISH MEDALS. Identification - Catalog - etc. please post here

Kev in Deva

Hallo Gentlemen, :beer:

I see my Turkish Star thread is getting a few none related posts so I thought I would start a thread here for other Turkish related decorations, but mainly for identification seeing Tosun Saral has been kind enough to join our merry band of brothers.

Welcome Tonsun Saral :beer:

Please be as kind to take a look at this medal and see if you can offer an identification please.

The medal is not mine, I missed out on the Ebay auction recently :(

Any information provided would be a great help for the Club.

Kevin in Deva.

Well it stated, Militaria & History, Central Powers so I thought I was in the correct place, feel free to relocate if you want to Ed. :D

Kevin in Deva :beer:

I don't have those God Powers.

If we want to discuss Turkish awards, which I'd love to do, it is a much larger issue that their Great War era allegiances. Similar to the earlier silliness of discussing Japanese awards only as "Axis" awards.

Not all medals are valid only as they are linked to German medals. :P

I don't have those God Powers.

If we want to discuss Turkish awards, which I'd love to do, it is a much larger issue that their Great War era allegiances. Similar to the earlier silliness of discussing Japanese awards only as "Axis" awards.

Not all medals are valid only as they are linked to German medals. :P

Hallo Ed, :beer:

Well then how about contacting the "Gods that be" and request a Turkish Delight Section and add my name to the petition.

Kevin in Deva:beer:

The medal is an unofficial token medal. It is of a type called, in Turkish, for some reason a yahudi madalyası, or "Jewish medal". The top image is a crude copy of one of the faces of a late Ottoman gold coin. See for example:

http://www.osmanliparalari.com/36-vahdeddi...336-02-kost.jpg

On the bottom image, the text is too crude to make out well. At least one word looks to me like it might be Arabic, not Turkish. One might be Muhammad/Mehmet.

:beer:

Thank you Kevin. I found this forum late. But I will do my best with the brothers.

I am not an expert but a good observer. According to me The medal is not Turkish.

1- The imperial signature or as in Turkish "Tugra" is wrong. Ottoman Turkish Sultans did'nt have such a bad signature. A good examble for your information is on the War Madal/Gallipoli star.

2- The badge on the top of the fez of the person shows that the medal is not Egyptian. Egypt was at those years a Turkish mandate. It must be Persian or Afgan. The model of the fez is not Turkish. Can be Persian, Afgan.