News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

2 Medal Bars, Instant Collection!

Has anyone else seen these bars listed at Huesken's? Both come with the original award documents and are named to the same Lt. Dr. Sayffaerth. These raise a couple of questions. Looking at the the bars would they be worn together? And, if they do both belong to the same individual why would you break up the sets?

[attachmentid=59131]

[attachmentid=59132]

Has anyone else seen these bars listed at Huesken's? Both come with the original award documents and are named to the same Lt. Dr. Sayffaerth. These raise a couple of questions. Looking at the the bars would they be worn together?

They are Frackspangen. They would be worn on a civilian suit, one overlapping the other.

And, if they do both belong to the same individual why would you break up the sets?
    Because Huesken makes more money that way. At least give them a slight bit of credit for not selling all the certificates completely separate from the accompanying medals, but not too much. Sayffaerth's EK1 and Black Wound Badge are also being sold separately, as well as a Portuguese Red Cross Decoration and certificate, SA-Sportabzeichen Urkunde and some other items. Search "Sayffaerth" at Huesken's site.

• 3 weeks later...

Did someone yet notice that the same man's 30 place "Miniaturkettchen", his German Cross in Silver and as well some of the awards in real size have been sold by Thies half a year ago? If not, please have a look at #238 and #239 in auction 30 ... :blush:

@ Heiko:

You've bought these as well, I hope? I'd bet you did ... :P:o

Apart from that dealer breaking up groups :angry::angry::angry: The greatest sin next to murder!!

They also have prices that are simply unbelievable! I don't know about the Imperial German stuff that much, but the stuff they're selling from other countries are typically AT LEAST 30-50% more than from many other dealers. :speechless:

To their credit though, they sell some very nice stuff!

Edited by DutchBoy

Well, I don't think that this is necessarily their fault,

if I'm correct, this is an aution?? Then it's just what one wants to give for the pieces....

But yes, It's really a sin that they're splitting groups etc.

But it's just mainly greed, often it's easier to have two collectors bidding against each other for an

item which belongs to their niche than getting 2 collectors trying to outbid each other on the whole lot as

the price of the lot is higher to overcome for a collector.

It's just a shame :shame: