News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

War Memorial of Korea

Christophe

The War Memorial of Korea, in Seoul, has been opened in June 1994. It displays various historical relics in the honour of all Koreans who fought to defend the country from foreign invasions, throughout the ages. It traces the history of war in Korea, from the Three Kingdoms Period to the Korean War. It is also, of course, a place of remembrance, a Memorial.

This is a really well done Museum, and I recommand its visit if you go to Seoul.

On the pic : The Korean War Monument, at the entrance of the War Memorial site.

Ch.

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

Edited by Christophe

Uniforms of the Taehan Empire (1897-1910).

The Taehan Empire disappeared in 1910 with the annexation of Korea by Japan, a consequence of the Russo-Japanese War.

Sorry for the flash, but they are displayed in a cylinder... :(

Ch.

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

Hallo Christophe :beer:

Some great pictures, of not so well known items, many thanks for sharing the pictures. :jumping::jumping:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Thanks Kev,

These orders and medals are also quite unknown to me. I know no more than that what was said at the Museum...

Ch.