News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Please post your OPW 2nd classes

You're more than welcome my friend.

You in fact motivated me to drag my camera and my fat ass outside into the fresh air and sunshine.....

I noticed that the hammer & sickle in the center of one of my OPW is misaligned (see below right).

Is this common? Has anyone seen an order like this?

Edited by Eric Gaumann

• Replies 118
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're more than welcome my friend.

You in fact motivated me to drag my camera and my fat ass outside into the fresh air and sunshine.....

I noticed that the hammer & sickle in the center of one of my OPW is misaligned (see below right).

Is this common? Has anyone seen an order like this?

Eric, thats nothing unusual. On many OPW?s the H&S is bent, as its 14k-Gold, which bends quite easily.

Gerd

• 2 weeks later...

Two new OPW 2's in my collection, for a very decent price:

S/N 440XX, 'Starback', Krasnokamsk Mint, T2 V1.3. Who can tell me when this one was produced?

opo22v.jpg

opo22a.jpg

S/N 2966XX, 'Flatback', Krasnokamsk Mint, T2 V6.1. Who can tell me when this one was produced?

opo23v.jpg

opo23a.jpg

Yes, I noticed that many people over here just show their S/N's. However I don't want my awards to be traced down by others. That way there can't be a 'Sotheby's effect'. But I never paid that much attention to the case of hiding / showing S/N's, I'm just used to doing this. Perhaps a nice subject for a discussion...

I see your position. I should say that "Sotheby's effect" was possible only because of the great value of the orders displayed there. All together they worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. Your GPWs are cheap staff and nobody would bother to track them down. However it is your right not to show the numbers to the other forum members.

Very nice examples, Auke, especially the early one. I think, the second one is not a KMD-piece, but a LMD "concave reverse" (T2 V4.2 on soviet-screwbacks)

I am not worried showing the s/n of my orders. Should there indeed be someone, who this belongs to (awardee, stolen...etc.), i will be happy to return it.

Andrei, you can send all your "cheap stuff" to me :lol::rolleyes:

You're absolutely right Gerd, my mistake. Of course it's no Flatback :speechless:

I can see your points about showing S/N's. So, for the interested ones, close-ups of the two S/N's. (When were they produced?)

sns.jpg

Edited by Ferdinand

Hello Ferdinand,

Thanks for showing the numbers. GPW 44030 was made at Krasnokamsk Mint in a period from August to October 1943. GPW 296650 was produced by Leningrad Mint at July - November 1944, however most of them were bestowed only in 1945.

• 2 months later...

Pat thats a nice one and i agree with Andrei, its a Krasnokamsk Mint production. You should think about to research it. I have one or two of those too, but i still have to make pictures. I will do one, when i have a little more time later.

Thanks again for the participation everyone and just keep them coming.

Gerd

Thanks guys, and yes I have thought about getting it researched. I am just a little leery of the method, but maybe I'm just paranoid! In any case, hopefully I will get some information to go with it someday to make it a complete piece of history.

Cheers,

Pat

• 3 months later...

Hi Gerd,

that are tooooooooooo much for you. I can help you, I?ll take one...... :rolleyes: or two

naturally the two first classes you hide in the picture

Great looking picture.

best regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Hi Gerd,

that are tooooooooooo much for you. I can help you, I?ll take one...... :rolleyes: or two

naturally the two first classes you hide in the picture

Great looking picture.

best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

if you are nice to me, you can maybe get one or even two ;) The two first classes are placeholder for the 2nd classes, i was to lazy to remove them from the groups, they belong to.

best,

Gerd

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, an MPZZ production OGPW with 20.000 issued awards.

regards

Andreas

[Hallo Andreas!'Kennen uns ja schon aus'm anderen Forum! :cheers: ]

What is the exactly meaning of MZPP? I know (L)MD stood for Leningrad, (K)MD for Krasnokamsk...but where is/was Platinapribor located?

Edited by Befehl227

MPZZ is the short form for: Moskau "Platinapribor" Fabrik

It is a factory located in Moscow. Due to the raising demand after Red Stars and OGPW?s a second factory started

to produce them.

MPZZ OGPW?s are a little bit rarer than OGPW?s from other mints.

best regards nach Stuttgart

Andreas

MPZZ is the short form for: Moskau "Platinapribor" Fabrik

It is a factory located in Moscow. Due to the raising demand after Red Stars and OGPW?s a second factory started

to produce them.

MPZZ OGPW?s are a little bit rarer than OGPW?s from other mints.

best regards nach Stuttgart

Andreas

R?tsel gel?st! :D

What do you think, when was my/the order issued? May/June 1945?

Regards

Stefan

Edited by Befehl227

R?tsel gel?st!

What do you think, when was my/the order issued? May/June 1945?

Regards

Stefan

Yes that is possible, but only research will tell.

PJS list serial number 662.588 for action in the German - Polisch erea in 06.03.1945 in his book.

regards

Andreas

(Sorry Paul: post edit)

Edited by Alfred