News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 85
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 years later...

The Bavarian one is a little harder to find.... there's several others MUCH harder to find than this! The mecklenburg ones are almost impossible!

Ya mean like this? Another one from Stuttgart.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2008/post-252-1220131237.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_08_2008/post-252-1220131262.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Bavarian one is a little harder to find.... there's several others MUCH harder to find than this! The mecklenburg ones are almost impossible!

Hi!

I've got the chance to get one of these bars of mecklenburg, in this case the bar of mecklenburg-schwerin - so here is the picture, additional with a picture of an soldier wearing it.

Hope you like it, too!

regards

westfale

• 5 months later...

To hold this treat alive...

I would like to show you two bavarian. On the right the LS-Bar for the Landwehr, 2nd class. On the left - not often seen - the "normal" LS-Bar, given for 15 years of service, also bavarian.

If anyone could show me his bar, especially the 1st class: you are welcome!

regards

westfale

Well, I'll add in here too. I'm surprised no-one commented on Tom's medal bar. Note the edges of the bar... see that raised lip? I've seen an awful lot of pre-1900 bars... but I have only seen that little feature on Bavarian bars.

Here's another example ex-me

• 3 months later...

To keep this thread alive, I would like to show you my newest piece: Prussia, long service award 3rd class, here with black enamel.

I like all these wonderful enamel made versions you get f.e. from prussia- hope, you too, as any comments are welcome!

regards

westfale

P.S.: I forgot to ask WNickel for a more detailed picture of his two pieces for comparison - is it possible, Werner?

Edited by westfale