That is really a beautiful piece.

A lot of work went into making it, thanks for sharing it.

Thank you also for reopening this thread. I have to take a little trip to pick up

something that I think might fit in here.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps one of you can give me more detail on this one. I have it listed as Prussian Landwehr Dienstauzzeichnung II Klasse, Empire . It was given to me in the '80's by a old German refugee who only knew that it was from his father. I've forgotten where I came up with the name; possibly Jeff.

Hugh

Perhaps one of you can give me more detail on this one. I have it listed as Prussian Landwehr Dienstauzzeichnung II Klasse, Empire . It was given to me in the '80's by a old German refugee who only knew that it was from his father. I've forgotten where I came up with the name; possibly Jeff.

Hugh

And you have a rare variant. Times compared with the form of other medals of this type. o) Greetings Mike

magnificant, absolut fantastic - thanks for showing both sides and congratulations for this award! This for you? :cheers: ?- and cheers!

westfale

p.s.: here another interesting piece - this time from the grand-dutchy of baden, also enamel and also 2nd class of the landwehr-dienstauszeichnung:

Edited by westfale

p.s.: here another interesting piece - this time from the grand-dutchy of baden, also enamel and also 2nd class of the landwehr-dienstauszeichnung:

Actually not. Baden's LD came in only one class, so it's not a "2nd" class.

Lovely one, by the way. :cheers:

Hi Sascha,

sorry for the mistake - but I have read at Ohm-Hieronymussen (p. 31) that "...Badische Offiziere erhielten die preussischen Auszeichnungen." and thought they got the cross for 2o years as 1st class. you know it better - thanks for the correction!

J?rgen