News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 330
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Such a wide variety of items for the WHW, very nice pieces made out of many different types of materials! It really shows how they appealed to all types for donations and were definitely a "civilian" type of organization, or at least that's the face of it. I have a couple pieces to donate to the thread, first up is a Winterhilfe 44/45 Snowflake pendant? that was apparently available for the supporters and Germans in France and Italy as well judging by the inscription on the reverse in three languages. Here are some pics of it.

Cheers,

Pat

And my only other WHW item (besides a sketchy document I have always suspected to be a fake, but haven't scanned or posted yet) is this interesting WHW Mutter und Kind 1934 cloth pin. It is similar to the ribbon Jamie showed in construction method and materials. It has very crisp details with the gold and is in near mint condition.

It's about time someone started a thread on the Winterhilfswerk organization! This organization isn't talked about as much as it's military and police counterparts (probably because of the lack of "danger" associated with it), but it is an interesting study nonetheless. A picture that sticks out in my mind from one of my books is an early pic of a Stahlhelm group with it's small armoured car (with totenkopf painted on the side) carrying donation pails for the WHW to "combat hunger and cold."

Pat

• 3 weeks later...