News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:jumping::jumping::jumping:

:beer::beer:

Incredible group! And we would never have found him, without documentation!

He's even got the St. Tammy - don't they all have to be delivered to Rick?? :Cat-Scratch:

So the middle ribbon bar was his first one, pre-WW2. Then he must have worn the top one - a 26 place bar!! :beer: Here the last two ribbons (??? and Portuguese Red Cross) look improvised, apparently they didn't have these in stock. And is that an Ostvolk in #13? Not too common either. :beer:

Now the third bar was, I guess, his last one - after Bulgaria and Finland changed sides! He even dropped Turkey, who became an enemy during the last days of the war.

Fantastic!

:Cat-Scratch: What a weird bunch of awards!

What's the biographical story on this guy?

I only know that he was a Lt (probably dR) in WW1, and Freikorps fighter. Later a state attorney, but he must have done more. Heiko, do you know anything else?

Guest Rick Research

How, exactly, is his name spelled correctly?

I find nothing for "Sayffaerth" or "Sayffaerth." with one f or 2 fs.

There are so many weird ways to spell that name-- from Seiffarth to Seyfferth...

that I need to know the RIGHT one, since Mister Computo Masheen searches by EXACT and not sounds like spellings. :(

Heiko,

I am so glad you were able to save these bars from wandering around for years without its twin. :jumping::jumping: As we well know, when a group gets split, it can take decades to get it back together if ever. Thanks for having the forethought to preserve them as they should be. Job well done!! :beer: I look forward to seeing more, please post the documents if you have time.

Dan

How, exactly, is his name spelled correctly?

I find nothing for "Sayffaerth" or "Sayffaerth." with one f or 2 fs.

According to the remaining items at H?sken, his name is spelled Gerhard Wolfgang Sayffaerth (born 30. September 1897).

/Mike

P.S: Absolutely beautiful bars. So glad to see them reunited :jumping:

I can confirm his name:

DR. Gerhard Wolfgang SAYFFAERTH

got a doctorate in law from the University of Cologne on 28.11.1924. His dissertation was about "Das Risiko im Arbeitsverhältnis unter besonderer Berücksichtigung der neueren Rechtsprechung und des Arbeitsvertragsgesetzentwurfes".

Edited by webr55

Whats the next to last on the second bar, which is missing now?

THAT is the Cross of "Simon Petlyura", awarded to "Major Sayffaerth" by the (exiled) Ukrainian government in 1932.

How do I know that? The thing is being sold by Zeige, along with a Russian St. Nikolaus exile order, awarded in 1957 to Major Sayffaerth, ------ and his Tamara (with document)!

thank you all for your nice and warm words!!!! I will post scans of the award docs next week and then we have some more parts of the puzzle.... as you said, the Tammy and the other things are not with me but there are somebeautiful award docs for the Marianerkreuz and the other awards....

Thank you :beer: