News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Has anybody seen one of these badges before, maybe post war or private purchase.It comes from a collection of other KM items.

cheers.

Hallo smiler, :beer:

I believe your badge is a German Navy Combat Diver badge originals to WW2 had very pronounced "teeth" on the sword fish blades, also lack of a maker mark might indicate a private make or a repro.

More experienced members will no doubt add their views.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo smiler, :beer:

I believe your badge is a German Navy Combat Diver badge originals to WW2 had very pronounced "teeth" on the sword fish blades, also lack of a maker mark might indicate a private make or a repro.

More experienced members will no doubt add their views.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

This clasp was called Kampfabzeichen der Kleinkampfmittel or Badge for Midget weapons unit . This appears to be a reproduction as the front of the badge near the fish tail looked like it had a defect in it or was deformed . The details did not look crisp and sharp for a pressure cast medal . This is a very , very rare medal as it was introduced very late in the war and most men did not live long enough to earn it ! I think you had to do 7 missions for the silver grade of this badge . Crude and unmarked I would say this is a repro to pass on . I was also told some time ago that original WWII issue badges had a smooth dorsal fin and the post war Bundesmarine version had the lines in the dorsal fin .

Joe