News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SS Dagger Anton Wingen Jr

Hello Gents,

Funny thing happened, i put up another topic on this subject, last night, and presto! this morning it was gone!

Anyway here it is again!

I seriously need some help with this...

one SS dagger from Anton Wingen Jr it has the pre 1935 marking of the manufacturer.

3 questions

1; The makers stamping...it should be centre on the blade??

2; The scabbard top peice, the skirts are off the main trunk, more than any other Dagger i have seen....Hmmm??

3; The Blade Inscription does not have the Exclamation mark on the end! is this a sign of fakery or is this just a genuine pre 1935 Dagger made before they decided to add the Exclamation mark to the end of the inscription.

I need help fast! as the seller is waiting for me to pay up! and i don't wanna get burnt again! 9 not like last time with 2 Luft cases!)

Pics....

Hard to tell from the photos but I sure don't like the scabbard which looks put together and the dagger is nothing to write home about. Were I you I would save my money and put it toward a better piece. You will never go wrong buying the best quality you can afford.

That said why not run it past the guys on the SS Forum over at GDC.com. Bernie Brule and/or Dave Hohaus will help you out.

PS That pommel nut is a sight to behold also! Keep your money in your pocket.

Edited by Bob Hunter