Just discovered this nice topic regarding Sturm-Bataillon....

I also have to contribute something from my collection, directly received from the descendants of

Fritz Kleineges, Wachtmeister at Sturmbat. No.5 (Rohr) / Haubitzen-Batterie

- award document for Lippe-Detmold cross for heroic deeds (received on 11th June 1918)
- the rest of his awards (IC1, black wound-badge, Feldehrenzeichen)

Regards
Roman

Fritz_Kleineges-Urkunde-Heldentat.jpg

Fritz_Kleineges-Auszeichnungen.jpg

Great find, Roman!

Again another one, who is not listed in the casualty lists...

Klasse Urkunde! Gefällt mir super!!!!

Here three fellows from Sturmbataillon 10 (photo taken in Wilna)

Sturm-Btl. 10 (Wilna, Gebirgshose).jpg

Edited by The Prussian

Nice pic, Chris! Did you also buy the rest? At ebay, a seller had a complete album of that unit

Hi. I picked up 2 pics on ebay, then he offered me this by mail... nothing really sexy, but better than nothing... I did not see the album unfortunately

Posted (edited)

Not exactly Sturmbataillon but I hope you excuse - this was always a bit of a mistery to me as this postcard was written by the man with the + over him - a Fahrer (driver) in FAR 74. How can we interprete this? Was he commanded to take part in some action with the divisional unit? And what does the date mean? I could not find any relevant action on it - a training course? Happy to hear from you!

Cheers

ArHo

DSC00745.JPG

DSC00745a.jpg

Edited by ArHo

Hello ArHo!

Well, FAR74 was part of 8th Inf.Div.

June 12, 1917 they held the sector north-east of Loos. No particular battles, but heavy losses by British attacks.

FAR79 was located near Lens. The regimental history mentioned nothing according to a Sturmtrupp.

In the back left I see an infantry man with a monogram upon the shoulder straps. Infantry of 8th.ID were: 72, 93 and 153. 93 and 153 had monograms.

The regimental histories of 93 and 153 doesn´t mention anything for that date. There were several reccon patrols of the division in summer 1917, but nothing special mentioned for that date.

On 04/01/2020 at 05:48, The Prussian said:

Hello ArHo!

Well, FAR74 was part of 8th Inf.Div.

June 12, 1917 they held the sector north-east of Loos. No particular battles, but heavy losses by British attacks.

FAR79 was located near Lens. The regimental history mentioned nothing according to a Sturmtrupp.

In the back left I see an infantry man with a monogram upon the shoulder straps. Infantry of 8th.ID were: 72, 93 and 153. 93 and 153 had monograms.

The regimental histories of 93 and 153 doesn´t mention anything for that date. There were several reccon patrols of the division in summer 1917, but nothing special mentioned for that date.

Thanks Prussian - well that was what I expected, no specific action. Well perhaps someday somewhere I will find more :-)

By the way - just today there is a nice Rohr Minenwerfer Postcard on german Ebay:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/352918737559

Cheers

Oh, that wasn´t a good idea... Showing ebay articles like this in forums will force-up the price...

A good idea, if you are the seller...😁

17 hours ago, The Prussian said:

Oh, that wasn´t a good idea... Showing ebay articles like this in forums will force-up the price...

A good idea, if you are the seller...😁

...which I am not, of course 😉 Just thought it would be nice to know for you here... But I get your point!

Viele Grüße

Edited by ArHo