News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

What is the weirdest thing you every found in the pockets of uniforms you bought?

A bit of army biscuit & an unsmoked cigarette in the pocket of a pair of KD shorts belonging to a pre WWII Norfolk Regt / WWII RASC Chindit man

A bus ticket to Grove Park (an RASC Depot I believe) & a set of dust goggles in a RASC Service Dress tunic pocket to the same man.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

In one of my waffenrock uniform pants pockets I found cufflinks and the devices to hold the collar stiffner. I really love finding the little pieces becuase I feel that I am that first person to hold them since they were in use. I just put everything back because I feel that they belong to the pieces. Great forum discussion by the way.

In German armoured trousers I have found sometimes a letter of a rusischen soldier. First I thought would be a dismissal letter from the Russian captivity. But it was written shortly after the war about a Russian soldier to his brother.

In a SS jacket M43 I have found sometimes three bank notes once Alliertes occupying money of 1944 and two mark notes.

Guest Rick Research

I found a nut in the pocket of a wartime Soviet State Security Colonel's overcoat.

No no :blush:

a nut off a tree!

It had turned to dust, with only little pieces of shell left.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I once bought a ww2 dated RAF BD jacket to a LAC radio Op at auction, took it home and discovered in the front pocket 2 pairs of RAF pilots wings, 2 match tickets,a programme to a 1945 Southampton Town football match and a letter of reference on leaving the RAF.

It seems the most valuable was the football programme.

Rick

Found a floorplan for a quaint cottage including all plumbing in the pocket of a DDR Medical Officers uniform. Looked like a nice little retreat! (I'll have to dig out the original and scan it if anyone is interested!)

Later,

Pat

I found these fountain pen tips in the liner of (Ltn. Col.) Oberstleutnant der Schupo, Otto Doebler's tunic. They had slipped through a hole in the pocket into the liner and I fished them out. At first, I could not imagine just what the sharp objects could be. I just posted a thread about his tunic on the SS and Police Militaria forum.

Rgds,

Marcus

• 2 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...

I bought a US WW2 full dress enlist (long) coat, and visor cap from a guy who had permission to go through the local garbage center. The coat had all the insignia, including ribbon bars, DUI (Army Air Force Training Command) and rank. Inside the lower pockets, I found his dogtags (2) with chain, a quartz crystal on a silver type tread, his military driver's card, and a physcial excuse to stay out of PT. I believe the driver card was for a motorcycle. I still have one of the dogtags. In a WW2 US Major's dress coat I found a unopened roll of Lifesavers. and a used airline ticket. I got this Major's overcoat that was missing one of the belt buttons, I found the button in one of the pockets. It is interesting what you fine sometimes.

Edited by army historian