News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

RPG Rocket

Mike

Hi Gents ..I've set up a few "Iraqi & Afghani Bringback" displays for the Public and ..there always seems to be an interest in the Weapons they use...what we run up against. So I always include an AK and explain that our Troops have run into many other Weapons from other Countries and even Rifles dating back to WW1. Thanks to our Media , I'm surprised at how many people now know what an RPG is ...and , quite a few ask what they look like.

So I've been looking for an example and finally found one ! I can't believe how nice it is. Completely Inert / Deactivated but in fantastic condition & complete ..Thought I'd share it with you

Edited by Mike

Back when Ebay banned TR items ...I had a discussion with a New York Times Reporter. She asked -- " What's the sense of Collecting or Displaying all this "Militaria" since it's all been photographed before ..Today anyone can find Pictures of anything War related on the Web"

We had quite an "exchange" over that .

She fought back with that -- "Picture 's worth a Thousand Words" Line :sleep: ...I don't think any picture of an RPG would be the same as seeing an actual Rocket , or holding it in your hand... ;)

Thats a really nice item..Ref the quote of "" What's the sense of Collecting or Displaying all this "Militaria" since it's all been photographed before " I work in clearing ordnance and i am often surprised at how different items look in real life compared to in photographs.For example ive seen lots of german glass mine photos and only recently saw a real one and it was a lot bigger than what i expected..you keep displaying your stuff as it is a usefull source of physical information ........spotter

Thats a really nice item..Ref the quote of "" What's the sense of Collecting or Displaying all this "Militaria" since it's all been photographed before " I work in clearing ordnance and i am often surprised at how different items look in real life compared to in photographs.For example ive seen lots of german glass mine photos and only recently saw a real one and it was a lot bigger than what i expected..you keep displaying your stuff as it is a usefull source of physical information ........spotter

Thanks Spotter ...I agree with you , Audio and Visual is great but ..never discount the actual Artifact.

Just wondering ...where are you digging up those Glass Flower Pots ??

I think this RPG might cross between 2 fields of Collecting because of that date (1968) ..which makes it a little nicer.

as well as it's being the "illegitimate" great great great great grandson of the Panzerfaust :hitler:

Hello mike.Unfortunately/fortunately i am not digging the glass mines i work only in the uk and occasionaly overseas .the real one i saw was in a friends collection ,i had always thought these were the size of small modern anti personnel mines .anyway back onto your RPG its in fantastic condition for such an early date ,you say you are looking for a replica launcher there is a company here in the UK that manufactures wood and plastic replicas the company is called "Relics" you can find them on line at http://www.relics.org.uk/

it may be worth contacting them to see if a genuine round will fit into there rpg tubes....spotter

[attachmentid=63238]

Edited by spotter

• 3 months later...
    • 2 months later...

Hallo Gents :cheers:

this has been given to my step-son here in Romania, its completely harmless.

I was thinking of cleaning it up and mounting it on a board to hang on his bedroom wall.

I believe it to be a Romanian model but not sure which.

Would it be possible to replicate the outer skin of the war-head?

Could anybody suggest a good paint scheme

Kevin in Deva :beer:

• 1 month later...

I just added another one to my sub collection . This one's an RPG9 and also in fantastic condition. Either this was never live or the EOD guys did a great job "cleaning it out" for training.

I can't find that much ref on the web regarding this Model.

I've been loaning items to a local Unit (Recruiting and Retention events & displays) ...and that first RPG had a lot of interest ...of course I put a Panzerfaust 60 with them to show the "evolution" of this deadly weapon.

I was able to find 2 orig Training Posters for the RPG7 ..maybe I can do the same for this one and have them mounted in a case ...that should stop all the kids from trying to touch it. That's the only problem I've had doing public displays ..people like to play with the items :unsure:

I'm not sure how this lower "stage" worked ..the RPG7 seemed to have a Rocket Motor where this 9 model has some sort of a booster charge that clips on the bottom.

Like anything else , I'll have to learn about it before I display it

• 4 years later...

Your PG-9 is a recoilless rifle round. It is fired from a SPG-9 Launcher http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SPG-9

The 'booster' on the tail end serves the same function as the ejection motor on the shoulder launched PG-7 family, it projects the round out of the tube of the launcher to a far enough distance where the rocket motor can ignite without harming the gun crew..