News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

General Comments and discussion about fakes

• 2 weeks later...
    • Replies 287
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well, personally I see perfectly ok "tallone" Sergio ;)

Screw plate looks ok too.

Yes, the serial number looks a little bit eccentrico, but I don't see any signs of lamatura and scrittura is in line (more or less) with usual handwriting madness in 90xxx-350xxx diapason.

Nick, you are perfectly right that the serial number is plausible, nevertheless I can tell you that a little bit of abrasion is clearly visible in the area of the serial, especially on the last 4 digits to the right.

I have been in contact with the seller today, and he managed to go back in 2008 and find a picture of this medal as it was. In his opinion, somebody wanted to clear the serial number at the moment of giving the order to someone else. The operation was possibly too difficult and remained unfinished, but of course the serial was considerably messed up. In order to recover the situation, the next owner cleaned the area in order to improve the overall appearance of the star's reverse.

He sent me the evidence of his explanation, which I would like to show to you.

Well, somebody was playing around with number, but not professionally (even remotely).

But somebody else correct (quite professionally) these superficial traces of playing.

And looks like nobody was messing around with 104x4x numbers ;)

After all it's all about the price.

If we have prezzi di liquidazione or, at least, prezzi modici situation, then it could be a good idea to keep this star ;)

• 3 months later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 2 months later...

I repeatedly fail in getting original Academy Badges for my collection. This one was promising, but apparently everything is wrong with the ввмиу plate. I have been told that they are always secured to the rhomb by means of clasps. This one seems just glued. Pity, because the other elements of the badge look proper.