News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Dave is working on the Big Ongoing Final Version, but here is our numbers and dates list:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7861

I just added your three numbers/dates to the list when I moved this over into the researched subforum.

I think now we should call it a VERY nice little group! :beer:

Very nice group, Alfred! Thanks for sharing with us. Could you post the pictures of original award registration card?

Rick, couple of words about Ukazes of April 20, 1953 and December 30, 1956. Red Banners and Red Stars were awarded in according with both of those Ukazes.

The earliest Red Star that I know for April 20, 1953 is 3097934, the latest is 3103550.

The earliest Red Star that I know for December 30, 1956 is 3403453, the latest is 3533041.

Same story for Red Banner. For April 20, 1953 I found earliest as 388681 and the latest as 392742.

For December 30, 1956 the numbers are 491977 and 528700 respectively.

Edited by MONDVOR

Guest Rick Research

Yup! :beer: There are always "strays" that fall inside the number range but were awarded at other times, but such information is always welcome since it helps us determine the statistical odds of where an undocumented award falls and what it was probably given for--- but not to whom.

A lot of collectors think long service awards are boring, and usually there is nothing to research on them except endless names on hundreds of pages. Dave's had at least ONE that came back with a whole citation typed up to justify it, though.

But for me, a long service Order indicates that the (usually) officer HAD a career... and a career means a personnel file and research research reeeeeesearch!!!! :jumping::cheeky:

Andreas,

very nice results :beer: You may not get the combat-citations, you are looking for, but you get excellent examples, of what these awards were given for.

I am still very very unhappy, that i missed it. You could ease my pain and send it to me now :cheeky:

Just kidding, lovely group with most interesting research :cheers:

Gerd

Victory over Germany

Sorry no chance to get the stamp clearer. It is very weak and bleached out.

Alfred, this stamp says 267 Батальон Аэродромного Обслуживания - that means 267 Airfield Service Batallion. This is a special unit that was provide technical and service cover for the aircrafts based on this airfield. During 2nd World War in Red Army were more than 800 of those units.