News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 50
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don, I note your point down triangle has RJAD and my point up triangle has RAD no J in sight. The RJAD seems to be more frequently encountered on RAD items judging from the few RAD items in my collection.

Time frame difference? :unsure:

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

The only reference that I can find to this is in Angolia's "Labour Organizations of the Reich":

"Since the RAD was a national, rather than Party, organization it's uniforms and insignia were not subject to control by the Reichszeugmeisterei (RZM-National Supply Agency). They were, however, legally protected. Only authorized makers could supply the RAD. This authorization was indicated by a license or regestration mark (Zulassungseichen) depicted by an inverted triangle enclosing the letters FADJ and later RADJ with GES. to the left, and GESCH. to the right."

So that implies anything other than this is incorrect...... This also poses the question as to the so called Type II badges/pins of which all that I've seen so far do not have the triangle at all, only the Ges. Gesch. Are these earlier than the Type I's thus too early for the mark (the original 1st design RADwJ brooch worn until 1937 never had such a mark) or are these fakes????? :unsure:

Cheers

Don

After searching for a few days I can locate no examples to support my example! While I do not feel it is a repro. (it appears much more convincing in hand, my scans leave much to be desired) :banger: , I can not support it with other examples showing RAD in an up pointing triangle and so Don, if you wish to remove my images untill further investigation reveals an answer I am in full support.

--dj--Joe

Edited by --dj--Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the offer, however I think it will be useful to leave it, unless you wish it removed. The proceeding posts explain that there could be questions raised with it, but until we know more I think it should remain as an example to be researched. I think the same goes with the Type II I showed, if as it seems they also should have the RADJ mark then these too are questionable. This two pins clearly show more research is needed.......

Cheers

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, looks like it could be Dr. Franke & Co K.G Lüdensheid. Odd as I've never seen this maker on these before & now we have 2.

Any chance of angle shot Nick revealing that symbol under the pin?

Cheers

Don