News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Colonel

Igor Ostapenko

I bought my first 5 US medals .

I this set - 3 Russian medals with medals card - one "40 years of Victory"

and two - "50 Years of Victory" to colonel and colonel's wife :rolleyes:

Colonel Ronald J. Simpson and Florence F. Simpson .

From seller's information - The above lot belonged to Colonel R. J. Simpson who served in the Army during World War 2.

He received a Purple Heart Medal for injuries sustained during the Battle of the Bulge.

Col. Simpson died in 2005 at age 86.

Anybody can help me with information about Colonel R.J. Simpson ? :beer:

Guest Rick Research

The 1995 document says the Russian version of "Raymond" not Ronald. What do the other documents say about what his name was?

Neither "Raymond" nor "Ronald" was a graduate of the United States Military Academy.

before rtrying to match upthe Social Security Death I(ndex, it will be necessary to know EXACTLY what his real first name was, since there are no middle initials or middle names listed.

Given that he was a reservist, it might be tough finding out anything about him at all. Your best bet would be to write to the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, MO and wait forever to get a reply back from them. Given the Soviet awards, my guess is that he was one of the soldiers who met the Soviets on the Elbe or close to that. Some of them, particularly from the US 69th Division, were invited back for the big Victory Day parades in the 80s and 90s. I ran into a few of these fellows during my research on Soviet awards to Americans for my JOMSA article. Since they weren't given "decorations", I didn't do much research into what they received or when.

Dave

Guest Rick Research

He is not currently listed on the Social Security Death Index (I would expect a non-career officer to have had some such lifetime pay-ins for a widow's claim to trigger the entry) but there are sometimes inexplicable delays in getting people who have just died listed.

Without knowing where he was from, where he died, and so on, it will be difficult to track backwards. Quite stupidly, the SSDI continues to omit middle names which are crucial to picking out specific people. Try "john Smith"and see what comes up!!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1: