News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Collection of EK2's

• Replies 156
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This cross came in a grouping said to belong to one soldier. It appears to be marked Y on the ring. This picture is not great but this cross looks really good in hand. Amazing how these photos show all the blemishes. You can't see any of that on this piece with the naked eye.

Here's the last one from my collection. It is an example I'm not quite sure about. It came on a 2 piece medal bar and is unmarked. This piece is lighter than my other EK2's but is magnetic. I almost feel it is a one piece construction, but can't be sure. There's just something different about it. I wonder if it's good?

Steve,

The mottled paint on this EK is outstanding, it adds a lot of character. Overall a super nice group of EK's and thanks for sharing. :beer: Rocky

Here's the rear of the square punch marked cross. I like the rear detail here.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the comments. Took alot of work to post them really, taking the pics, sorting out the best ones resizing and posting but I enjoy it. Hopefully someone can benefit from it, as I enjoy seeing differnt pieces posted. It would be nice if I could get a few answers to some of my questions that I have posted here. Cheers, Steve

They are one of the best bets in collecting. Still affordable, same construction as any other cross and they look great. I don't think they have the same rate of reproduction as alot of other medals. They are overtaking my 39 EK's my a good bit. So do they all look good?

I've added a few more pictures of this cross in the hopes someone might have an idea about it.

Hi Steve, beautiful collection, thank you for the nice pictures.

I think the EK is a four piece sheet metal construction.

Regards, Hardy

Very interesting! Looks like I did well on that purchase. It came on a run of the mill 2 place medal bar with a Hind Cross. Didn't cost much and when I got it I never thought much of it because I never had many EK's at the time. As I picked up more I realized it was a little different than the others. I love the variety of some of these things.

• 3 weeks later...