News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

love.giflove.giflove.gif What a group!!!

If only we had the Hessian Philipp rolls!!!!

He was not Reichsheer or Reichsmarine.

There can't have been two with THIS combination!

This bar was sold by a German who uses this ID on eBay: baff002 He has other ID's on eBay and the other major European Militaria Auction houses. He sells some real items, but he also sells many, many, many bars like this. old, ratty material for backing, but ribbons are in near new condition. he is using old stock original ribbon to make the bars. I have been burned by him too. It took some time to figure this all out, but he needs to be exposed. He is very, very clever and almost all of his combinations are quite plausible...... but then there are some that are not. The bars/backing/threads do not glow as it is all old, original materials. But they are new nonetheless. Note that the stitching style/pattern is consistent across the board on many of his bars. Shop with care & caution as he does sell some real bars. Others, not so real. Sorry.

Guest Rick Research

AAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!! angry.gif

Thanks to my Occasionally Not-Evil Twin! beer.gif This "Ohio Wannabe" had not popped up on my radar-- probably because I don't spend any time on eBay.

We must all BEWARE! violent.gif

If you monitor his listings, you will see many, many bars..... watch the ribbons used, the combinations and the backings. When he first started on ebay, he sold some fantastic bars that were original.... then things slowly became evident that he, or someone who works for him, was assembling these out of old stock. They used many original bars as examples to perfect their craft. They continue to sell some original material, mostly lots of smaller bars. Please be careful when dealing with this seller.

As an aside...... the only good thing here is that with the flood of "new/old" ribbon bars that have it the market, the prices for originals have actually been driven down somewhat. He's not the only guy doing this. There's multiple German sellers as the bars have flooded shows in Germany, tag sales, etc. And everybody is rushing to eBay with them. It has become a cottage industry. This was inevitable with the flood of blank bars, ribbons and parts that hit the market over the last 2 years...... A major reason why I sold most of my parts/extra ribbon about 2 years back. I did not want to be associated with these people in any way. My stuff went into the hands of fellow collectors, not into the "open market".