News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Straighten Me Out

Rod

I feel like a bull in a china shop!!!

Perhaps I am waaaaaay off base but I have to stick my nose in ... without offense I hopeeeee.

I have stumbled and bumbled around from the TR into the German imperial era and now into the Austrian.

From what little I have seen and God knows what little I (think) I know, I am coming to think that that the Austrian Imperial period is a real sleeper!!!!

As much as I think (in my less than humble opinion) that the TR is waaaayyyy overvalued compared to the German Imperial era ........ so is the Austrian period.

Remember I am a really new guy ..... but the quality of what I have seen and the dealer prices make the Austrians a really unappreciated bargain.

I just bought my first FJ order third class and it is magnificent in terms of design and make.

I am thinking the Austrian pre 1914 is a best kept secret!!!!! :jumping:

Rod

Edited by Rod

Guest Rick Research

Definitely. If I could go back in time, there is NO way this Rozet & Fischmeister (my favorite Austrian maker) would have left home:

Ow! :banger: Ooowww! :banger: OWWWWWW ! :banger:

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it is Vienna!!!

Ohh well now I have an Order of Franz Josph and an Orden of the iron crown .... all in 18 kt gold and they cannot compare to the silver gilt of the other WW1 awards!!!! let alone the zinc of WW2.No offense but facts are facts!!!!

regard and bye.

Rod