News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Showcase of Japanese Award Documents

MJMartin

I thought a good thread might be for people to show thier Japanese Award Documents they have in their collection. I will at least only show the ones I own for now, but I welcome anyone else to show off any odd or rare documents they have picutres have.

Rising Sun 8th Class, Meiji 34, awarded to a Private Superior, numered 44,251

Rising Sun 4th Class from Meiji 29. This was given to an American. I would have bought it but the starting bid was $190 and the shipping was $35. Too much for me. But, the award design resembles a 1st class document more than a 4th Class, at least I think.

Rising Sun 7th class from Showa 15, also in color. I happen to like the black and white verisions of the early rising sun documents. I am hope that other people post some of thier documents. I have some other examples, but becuase they belong to other websites I cannot post them. Thanks all.

Larry,

That sacred treasure 4th class looks familiar. Kobayashi ended up as a Vice Admiral if my memory is correct (my books are en route from Moscow). The number on the certificate is 103,494.

The Rising Sun 8th Class was awarded on 1st April Meiji 39 (1906). This was the date for the mass of awards that were handed out for service in the Russo Japanese War.

Cheers,

Paul