MJMartin

Showcase of Japanese Award Documents

Gentleman, start your engines. This is Rising Sun 1st Class document from postwar Japan. It was awarded to an American General even! The starting price is $499.00 though. I am automatically out of the running. I am not sure if this is fair, but we will see.

The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

Edited by MJMartin

I thought a good thread might be for people to show thier Japanese Award Documents they have in their collection. I will at least only show the ones I own for now, but I welcome anyone else to show off any odd or rare documents they have picutres have.

Rising Sun 8th Class, Meiji 34, awarded to a Private Superior, numered 44,251

NICE documents collections :cheers: 旭日勲章、金鶏勲章、瑞宝章、VERY NICE.

Gentleman, start your engines. This is Rising Sun 1st Class document from postwar Japan. It was awarded to an American General even! The starting price is $499.00 though. I am automatically out of the running. I am not sure if this is fair, but we will see.

The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

This is now in my collection, and at what I consider to be a very good price. The signature in the middle is the hand written signature of Hirohito.

:cheers:

Paul

Paul that is a great piece to have. I would have to say that Japanese Documents given to Westerners is a cool thread to collecting documents. I have only seen two so far. Hirohito's signature is no small matter. For Japanese it is one the highest honors. Nice document.