News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

BURMA -- ORDER OF THE STAR OF THE REVOLUTION

ilja559

• 5 months later...

In eBay was sell this medals.

Burma : Lot of 3 Medals related to Independence Movement against the british 1945-48.

The one with the peacock is Independence Movement Medal (Lut Lat Ye Si Yone Tazeit),with its original ribbon.

The star is : Military Service to the State,it's the onliest with an inscription on reverse.In Yangoon my guide translated it by "Valourous Warrior for the Country".With its original ribbon.

The third is General Service Medal (Naingngandaw Sit Hmu Htan Tazeit).No ribbon.

• 6 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 4 years later...
    • 2 years later...
    • 1 month later...

Soon ask him a source of the information.

post-260-1169787543.jpg

post-260-1169787543.jpg

​The star looks very similar to IKOM and considering they did the majority of Foreign order and medal orders, I would guess that is the producer ;)

They make the same pin for other orders and usually if there is a hallmark is located on the bottom right (not always the case) of Burmese Orders.

Edited by Rogi

• 1 year later...

in regards to the first star I can confirm 3rd class

I will try and post a reverse of the second class when I have scanned it

in regards to the star with the gilded center this was never issued officially, as all stars carried the same centers which where enameled or coloured never plain, the difference is the wording on the back

1st class is very hard to find, 3rd class is easier, 2nd also not common

I am lucky enough to have 7 x 3rd class and 2 x 2nd class in my collection and there is sight variations between some of them

hope this helps

regards