I owe you an apology and something worth looking at.

Well, the Prussians are not that rare or scarce, but still nice!

The (full size) Kassel cross is lovely. Actually funny, how close they were. They just borrowed the overall design of the award from Prussia, and the same is with the long service clasps for EM and NCO. Though, they were not made by the same maker as one could assume, but by a local one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

EK2 1870

I love these--.

There are neat but they are not actually German minis. These were made by Lowell

Toy corp of New York and were given as prizes in cereal boxes way back when, There

was a set of them you could collect which included the Victoria Cross and Silver Star

among others.

Here is one of mine still on it's card and in original plastic wrapper. There is a coupon

inside that states that is you redeem 4 coupons and $1.00 You will receive a "Beautiful

gold stamped album" to display them.

Edited by gregM

Hello Maid.

If I remember correctly this was on the German eBay some months ago, without a name. If this is correct this means that you have been able to identify the owner, which raises the question; How difficult is this for you? Asking because I have this:

Regards, Lars

I actually bought this for re-selling, but once I had it in hand, I could not resist to put it into my collection.

It's yet identified, of course, but I don't have the notepad handy.

Edited by saschaw

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Blog Comments

• George Macdonald Fraser describes tea as "The British Army's cure for anything except a stomach wound."   Partial to Earl Grey, meself.  Used to be a tea drinker until Law School, where we had no cafeteria, only vending machines.  Awful as vending machine coffee is, their tea is worse.   Michael
    • Now it looks like I may see my exhibition for the first time in 19 months.   This year is the 65th Anniversary of the Suez Crisis, which culminated in Lester B. Pearson's invention of Peacekeeping, as opposed to Military Observers.   So the Museum will record a video of me discussing this.
    • I've never been able to stick to one theme.   One of my latest is women in the military.  For about ten years from 1952 to 1962, the RCAF actively recruited women to "man" the radar lines protecting against a Soviet attack.   During the Second War, women of the Auxiliary Territorial Service were attached to Royal Artillery Anti-Aircraft Batteries, called Mixed Batteries. They did spotting and tracking, plus communications, while the Gunners loaded and fired.  
    • Two years down the line.   My mother-in-law passed away this summer, as did one of her sisters-in-law.   My exhibition opened, and we had a marvellous speakers' night with four Peacekeeping veterans, including a Meritorious Service Medal winner.  But Covid closed it down in March 2020, and while still there it hasn't reopened.
    • Sounds great other than the Orange & Mango squash only because I prefer cran-pomegranate juice.