News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hm, hm, indeed, very interesting piece and unique as well - if original. But I see some question marks on it. Can we see some closeups?

Thanks in advance

Hello marrauder,

the Mini I posted is complete in mint condition !

But now a better photo. I hope I could dispel Your doubts.

Cheers Andreas

Hi, Dede, I am only beginner, take it as such. I am not asking these things to spoil your day, just for my better knowledge.

That spange reminds me cats paw spange, but your closeup is not enough close to claim it for sure. Also - it is again more question than statement - aren´t some of the ribbons of different width than others?

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi north denmark

thats just amazing, do I see an icelandic Order of the White Falcon Knights Cross? Do you know who the ODM belonged to?

Hi David

The upper row in frame is composed by a previous collector. I do not know the recipient of the bottom row and the last medal is not correct. I still need to find the correct medal but I do not know the the Ribbon (It is not Order of St. Anna). Please help

And yes it is the Knight of the "Falke Orden" you see.

Regards

North Denmark

Hi,

nothing special, but for me never seen before - prussian long service 2nd class mini, wearing at needle:

Does anyone of you have such a miniature of the 3rd or 1st class and would show it?

regards

westfale

And another one...

I am glad to find the mecklenburg-strelitz long service medal for landwehr --- but:

Is this combination with the LDA2 of Strelitz AND the one of prussia plus their 12year DA possible?

Hope to get some help,

regards

westfale

Nice minis guys :)

North Denmark, are you sure noone fiddled with that second miniature bar (with the 2 Danish Dannebrog and the Dutch Oranje-Nassau)?

The Dannebrog Knight cross was awarded during Frederik VIII (1906-12) and the Dannebrog Silver Cross was awarded during Frederik IX (1947-72). That's a best case span of 35 years...

Of course it's physically possible, but quite unlikely since the Silver Cross was normally awarded as a "½ up" to a Knight who wasn't yet ready for a Commander, and normally done during the normal path of his career.

Maybe someone put the Silver Cross on as a placeholder, waiting for a Frederik VIII or Christian X version? The style of the bar suggests that the Frederik VIII Knight Cross is the original one for the bar.

But nice bars nonetheless :)

P.S:

I tried to look through my sources for a matching name for that lower bar in the glass frame, but no luck...

/Michael

Hi David

The upper row in frame is composed by a previous collector. I do not know the recipient of the bottom row and the last medal is not correct. I still need to find the correct medal but I do not know the the Ribbon (It is not Order of St. Anna). Please help

Red with narrow white stripe and perhaps a missing rosette----Given context---Possibly Polonia Restutia -- Poland Restored?

And yes it is the Knight of the "Falke Orden" you see.

Regards

North Denmark

Edited by 922F

Nice minis guys :)

North Denmark, are you sure noone fiddled with that second miniature bar (with the 2 Danish Dannebrog and the Dutch Oranje-Nassau)?

The Dannebrog Knight cross was awarded during Frederik VIII (1906-12) and the Dannebrog Silver Cross was awarded during Frederik IX (1947-72). That's a best case span of 35 years...

Of course it's physically possible, but quite unlikely since the Silver Cross was normally awarded as a "½ up" to a Knight who wasn't yet ready for a Commander, and normally done during the normal path of his career.

Maybe someone put the Silver Cross on as a placeholder, waiting for a Frederik VIII or Christian X version? The style of the bar suggests that the Frederik VIII Knight Cross is the original one for the bar.

But nice bars nonetheless :)

P.S:

I tried to look through my sources for a matching name for that lower bar in the glass frame, but no luck...

/Michael

Hi Michael

You are absolutely right. I have to look around for an older cross in silver, or I can swap the two Dannebrog crosses and let the silver come first (both orders had fallen off the bar then I got it, but still 35 years is a long time). Can you please tell in what time period this type of bar was used?

Regards

North Denmark

Edited by North Denmark

And another one...

I am glad to find the mecklenburg-strelitz long service medal for landwehr --- but:

Is this combination with the LDA2 of Strelitz AND the one of prussia plus their 12year DA possible?

Hope to get some help,

regards

westfale

Sorry to say that, but this is not Strelitz! It's Schwerin and no, this combination is impossible.

Regards Seeheld

North Denmark,

You can't swap the two Dannebrog in their current versions. It was only allowed to place the Silver Cross before the Knight Cross if the Silver Cross was awarded first, which is impossible with these two versions.

This type of bar was - in my experience - used around the turn of the century, so the Dannebrog would normally be Frederik VII, Christian IX or Frederik VIII versions.

/Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Troy,

nice little peace but it is the Dienstauszeichnung 2. Klasse for 12 years an it is golden

the Dienstauszeichnung 3. Klasse for 9 years is silvern and IX on the reverse

Andreas

Thanks Andreas! I don't know why I said 9 instead of 12. It was late.......... :blush: