Greg, I've shown this piece before, but the difference is interesting. It has the same rectangular rod with a hole in the center, but no ring for ribbon(s).

It´s nothing uncommon. Just a different variation to highlight the appearance of Hindy cross (swords without ribbon could be confusing -  FEK? KVK? Volkspflege?)

Here are mine pancake style EK minis from Mr. Godet. I think Greg´s piece is based on the smaller type of my EK minis.

Edited by kasle

Kasle, Is that case specific for the crosses? If so I have never seen these cased before.

No, it is empty case for civilian honour badge 25 years of service for Norddeutscher Lloyd Bremen (see below). The only difference between these two cases (the case in this post is not the same as the one in previous) is address - Unter den Linden 12 and 53. Which means contract (and production) of this badge lasted for quite a long time. Badges are identical in both cases. I just bought "53" version empty, so I use it for displaying another Godet buttonhole mini which belongs to the same era.

But cases for military buttonhole minis by Godet do exist as well, in many variants.

Edited by kasle

Peter and Kasle,

Thanks very much for posting your Godet mini Eks.

I think you might be right in that the fact that minie has a ribbon is due to the fact

that mine uses much smaller crosses.

I repeat what I said on another forum - This style (EK1/2 mini mixed with FEK swords and provided with ribbons) is quite rare, but absolutely legitimate.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of putting these in cases, I have a few that would look great cased..I'll keep my eye out for a suitable one.

This one stores - again - civilian award, but I think it´s universal case for Godet - Werner buttonback minis. Very rare box from very short Godet - Werner era.

Dimensions ca. 3 x 3 x 1,5 cm

Edited by kasle

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,

One of the rarer (ca. 3,000 awarded) and most unique Prussian awards is the 1871 merit cross for women and young women.

Fortunately, while it’s complex construction pretty much discourages forgeries and fakes, at the same time this also presents

challenges when it comes to producing accurate miniatures. As a result, miniatures of this award are usually poorly reworked

iron crosses.

Here is a rare example done as it should be - black enamel within the silver frame…

FVK1.JPG

FVK1.thumb.JPG.9128ab69657dcf39c303d19c8

Now for the best part - the reverse. Yes, the crown, cypher and date are engraved through the black enamel

to the underlying silver body. Not painted over the enamel. I hope that you like this example of the true artwork of minis.

FVK3.JPG

FVK3.thumb.JPG.c125837eeb4a6f9d359b1673a

• 2 weeks later...

And a few things for you, Rudi, we cannot forget Hessen ;)

A nice small Gold Order of Ludwig, unfortunaltely the reverse is missing, so no need to show this!

gmic07.thumb.jpg.446236aeebf86bf01bd3378

Another variant of the 1814-15 Medal ...

gmic_11_50.thumb.jpg.ddcf7c7bb9895f5766b     gmic_12.thumb.jpg.cba80f417f02af68a2fab0

And last a few relatively common miniature, I presume ...

gmic_13_50.thumb.jpg.dbe33ef156b5e89459e

gmic_14_50.thumb.jpg.ed0d14f265f0919d235

A few new things from Saxony, first a Landwehr Dienstauszeichnung 2nd class, 1st model. Not a great rarity, rather common I assume, but I really like the design and the excellent manufacture ..

gmic08_50.thumb.jpg.f467ae8804ad6ebeaa0c

Then a Life Saving medal from Friedrich August ..

gmic09_50.thumb.jpg.72ed946d9071ab252416       gmic_10_50.thumb.jpg.ad6da52c844754f6258