News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

I am from the Netherlands, Europe.

I used to have a museum with German WW2 items and Cold War items(USSR,DDR and WDR) and post WW2 Dutch and Belgian items.

I sold pretty much everything(about 95%) and now I am starting to build a collection of late 19th century to WW1 items, especially Bavarian.I also still have some post-war Dutch and Belgian uniforms(complete uniforms and belongings from soldiers throughout all ranks in the exposition: ''from soldier to General'').

The museum is closed because of the small collection at the moment, it takes a lot of time to rebuild because unfiorms become more expensive the older and rarer they get.

By the way I kept all rare/speciall/donated items, such as, for example: WW1 medals from a Belgian General, a French medal from 2004 which has only been decorated 56 times and many other small rare items etc.

I don't have pictures off all the items but I can show some, many of whom can be seen on my website.I hope you enjoy them.

waffenrock4qr7.jpgschirmmutze2oz8.jpg

Waffenrock and Schirmm?tze from the 2nd Infantry, 8th Company.

Next to the Schirmm?tze a Bavarian Verdienst Kreuz 3e klasse, privat Jewelry shop production.

bayerndskbhw7.jpg

Veteran decoration for 20 years membership of the veteran verein of the 2nd Infantry

11munchcy2.jpg18141914ke0.jpg

abzeichen des bayerischen Vereinigung der M?nchener Elfer. K.B. 11. InfanterieRegiment

abzeichen zum 100-J?hrigen regiments Jubil?um des K?niglichen Bayerischen Infanterie-Leibregiments M?nchen

14sa1.jpg

abzeichen der Vereinigung ehemaliger K?niglichen Bayerischen 14 Regiment von Altdorf und Umgebung

munabz2ny5.jpg

abzeichen des 200-J?hrigen regiments Jubil?um des K?niglichen Bayerischen 4 Infanterie-regiment Metz 1706-1906

luitpold2ih6.jpgluitpoldk2yb4.jpg

Luitpold-Kanonier Tag M?nchen 12-03-1921

gedenktag des K?niglichen Bayerischen 3 Feld-artillerie Regiment Prinzregent Luitpold 1921

leib2cd2.jpg

Leibertag 1932 Leib-Regiments-Vereinigung M?nchen, Tag des 40-j?hrigen Gr?ndungsfest 3 t/m 5- Sept-1932

fahneweihe2xn9.jpg

Blechabzeichen zur " Fahnenweihe des Ober-Donau-Gaues des Dreier-Bundes Augsburg e.V. - Sitz Lauingen-Donau. 28t/m 30-Juli-1923

jager2er8.jpgschwerreit2jl7.jpg

K?niglichen Bayerischen 1. J?ger-Bataillon, 1er J?ger Gedenktag, Kempten 21-8-21

Regimentsjubil?umsabzeichen des K?niglichen Bayerischen 1. Schweren-Reiter-Regiments Prinz Karl von Bayern, M?nchen 1814-1914

alfonsnz4.jpg

Prinz Alfons Abzeichen, silver

kuvom0.jpgkuv3yk4.jpg

2 Freiheitskrieg Bavarian medals.Different ribbons, left one with original dark green paint

klkiy4.jpgludwigkqf9.jpg

2 King Ludwig 1916 medals.

flos5ee2.jpg

medal 1698-1898 , 200 jarig jubileum desK?niglichen Bayerischen 3 Infanterie-Regiment Prinz Karl von Bayern

flos4xw2.jpg

medal 1908 M?nchner M?nnerwallfahrt

flos7zy6.jpg

medal Vereinigung ehemaliger J?ger Buchloe und umgebung

I have many other Bavarian items, some of them are on my website but not good enough to mention on this site(more like pictures etc.) and from other medals, uniforms and items I have no pictures (yet).

I also have a lot of other non Bavarian items, German medals,Dutch Uniforms, Belgian and French late 19th century-WW2 medals, a lot of other items uniforms and such.

I also have an archive with a lot of original documents from the 17 th to 19th century, and a lot of military(some ''classified'' in the Cold War) books, maps,old paintings, pots and pans, helmets, caps, Identification papers, arsenal manuals, old histoy books from the 19th centrury etc.

And I am proud on this medal:

kroonorde3pw8.jpg

an original WW1 Belgian Grand Cross from the order of the Crown.

korp2jj0.jpg

an example picture from the expostion: soldier to General.

A Korporal(not everything shown, just an example),Medical troops in the seventies, I have all kind of items from this 1 soldier: ranks, emblems, document like ID papers, medical examination but also Documents and card from the Geneva Convention, showing that he may not be harmed in war time etc. certificates, bandage, glasses, pictures etc.

kapiteinno4.jpg

and this is 1 of the many uniforms from a captain, he served in the sixties this uniform is from 1963(the year of the Dutch uniform change to modern uniforms instead of the WW2 type)

Edited by Roeland

bestekkw1.jpg

not really military but still old and rare, 18th century silver forks and spoons, napkin holder

luchtunifkv1.jpg

airforce uniform, Dutch sergeant major

matqn9.jpg

Dutch sailor

seeckt3yd8.jpg

original picture of General Hans von Seeckt

I hope I will find more pictures on my pc that I can show here

Edited by Roeland

I would love to see your Cold War collection, do you have any soviet items?

I sold 95% of the collection, all I have left are a few caps, which are for sale, a political document and some small items.

I have kept 1 thing: a WW2 Sovjet watch.Still running when winding it up.

hormk7.jpg

also my museum aint a museum anymore, it's closed at the moment, it is closed because I sold pretty much everything.1 post war Russian uniform with medals costs the same as some WW1 medals itself so it will take a long time before I have enough to open again.I aim at good items, not quantity. try to make exebitions complete: with flags, paintings etc. next to unfiorms to give a good view of a certain timeperiod, or like the post war uniforms, complete with documents of soldiers, field phone's, typing machines, glasses etc.

Edited by Roeland

I would love to see a picture of that one ! Haven't a clue as to what it is

here it is,and I have to correct myself, it has been awarded 58 times.

vbjiq9.jpg

the medal is 7,3 cm wide.

This one is from Chef de bataillon Barto-Jos? Vitobello.

I have the list of army officers that received it.

1 special forces

2 Corps technique et administratif

55 normal army officers.

it's a prestige medal for officers for a special 1 year technical scientific project.decorated on 11th march 2004.

not a really special combat medal, but still nice because there are 58.

Edited by Roeland

by the way hendrik, are you ''THE Hendrik'', famous because you have all Belgian medals?

:off topic: but no, I do not have all Belgian medals ... there's quite a few missing in my collection but the official ones are all mentioned on my website.

Cheers,

Hendrik

steek2sp6.jpg

French 19th century hat(don't know how to call it in English), model 1840-1880, made in Paris

ow and Hendrik,?t is you! from medals.be, instead of saying you're ''famous''(which I believe you are) and you have ''all'' Belgian medals let's keep it to: you are the number 1 Belgian collector and everybody uses your site as a guidense book. :cheers:

I saw quite some people here having flags in their collection and I found these pictures of one I have, if anyone is interested.

I have multiple flags but this one is the most precious I own.

A huge French flag from +- 1830 to 1840.

It was also used in WW1, when it hung at an Ammunition depot.

It was also used in WW2 by the free French at the libaration of several towns an cities.

Hand made, real linnen, and it survived history! it is in a very good schape.

It is so big that when I made pictures of it, I took one with a display torso in front of it, for comparison.

vlagfrwy9.jpg

vlagfr2qu2.jpg

Edited by Roeland

2 belgian decoration documents in a frame, the frame is made by the recipant itself, he was a metal worker.

1st one is a General remembrance/thank you from the Belgian government, the second one displays the Yser front and has al the names of the deocration on it, 5 medals.Each one about half a meter in size.

oork3bx6.jpg

oork3gc1.jpg

Edited by Roeland