News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

Hi Gordon

Thanks for your comment. I guess I got lucky when I picked up around 30 cased awards at a flea market in Budapest back in the late 90s. I still remember the family and friends telling me I was just throwing away money. Unless you can get these nowadays for 200 forints apiece I think it was a good move,

Bryan

Edited by Verdun16

Bryan -

Post 227 - you have quite a set of minis. The one on the left is a mini for the Szakam Kivalo Dolgozo (bit of blue enamel left on it) and the mini on the right it for the Magyar Elmunkas (Ace Worker) from 1948-1949.

Like you I was told I was throwing away my money if I considered buying any of these when I got here in 2001. Though back then I could buy a WW2 uniform and medals for less than 100 euro....now I cant even get one of the medals for less than 100 euro... but that is a different section and a different time...

Now - you need to add a zero to the end of your 200 HUF and multiply several times before you can comprehend the asking price now (you didnt happen to spirit away with some Rakosi era uniforms when you were here - did you?) :rolleyes:

Hi Hunyadi,

Thanks for the info on the mini awards. Sorry but when I got these I was not collecting uniforms so did not pick up any. Looking back I wish I had as I remember piles of them being sold cheap back around 1993-94. No one was buying Hungarian then as everyone seem to want Soviet items. I bought both but sold 99% of my Soviet awards which included 234 Orders of Glories 2nd class a few months before the prices went sky high. Bad timing then but it had to be done. I was in Szeged this Feb and was amazed at the prices these days for the Hungarian awards. Only saw a few of these older KD pieces and the seller wanted HUF 8000 each. I thought he was smoking crack but now I guess he was sane. Thanks again for the info,

Bryan