News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian Kivalo Dolgozol Badges

Hi Charles,

I see a little caos in the dates of Your excellent soldier badges.

The first modell was, the "skeleton" excellent soldier badge, used from 1959-1968. (on the photo)

From 1967 to 1969 were the big badges, as You show.

From 1969 were the small badges.

Zolt,

You indicate there was an overlap between the two badges IE "Skeleton" type used up until 68 while the "larger badges" were used from "1967 to 1969". N?PHADSEREG?NK JELV?NYEI indicates the larger badges were used from 1967 to 1969 and the small badges were introduced in 1970 which fits in with your dates. Just curious about the overlap in 67/68.

Thanks for pointing out the variations in the round Kivalo Dolgozo badges. Very interesting comparison.

Cheers,

Gordon

Edited by Gordon Craig

"Excellent Crop Harvester" :cheers:

Hi Charles,

Not Crop Harvester. I try to explain what it means...

In the beggining of the '50s, there was this system that the crop were taken from the peasants as to make the supply of people of the cities. The peasants had to deliever eggs, fat, meat, cereals etc in precribed quantity in every year. This had a self-imployed ministry. This was "Begyűjt?si Miniszt?rium". The worker of it was the "Begyűjt?s Dolgoz?ja".

Dont know what this one is - its for the MHS (early 1950's) Hungarian Military Sports Club. Translation is 'Excellent Listener'???? or 'Excellent Alumni'??? Zsolt - can you help with this one?

Charles,

Hallgat? means student or alumni of a course.

And one of my new favorites to collect - Excellent Hungarian Civil Avaition Worker. Its a breathtaking badge - wish I can find one from the pre 1956 era...

This badge has anothervariant with another inscription: "A Polg?ri L?giforgalom Kiv?l? Munk?sa". Of Both there were silver and golden grades. These were theoretically truly be with Rakosi coat of arms too. (I have never seen any of them).

Zsolt

Hi Charles,

Not Crop Harvester. I try to explain what it means...

In the beggining of the '50s, there was this system that the crop were taken from the peasants as to make the supply of people of the cities. The peasants had to deliever eggs, fat, meat, cereals etc in precribed quantity in every year. This had a self-imployed ministry. This was "Begyűjt?si Miniszt?rium". The worker of it was the "Begyűjt?s Dolgoz?ja".

Ah - yes - now I recall - something similar would be "Service of Supply Ministry" (Quartermaster - as to my USA mind, we didnt have such a system - but the QM is where the soldier of the 'state' gets all his / her needs) . "Harvest Ministry" would also work in trying to understand the system as "Harvest" can libberaly apply to all food goods if you think hard enough. To my understsanding this was a national program that tried to provide the nation with all of its food stuffs without the impliment of a free market to fluctuate prices. Prices were fixed. ? close ?

OK:

Language question...what exactly is the difference between "dolgozo" and "munka "?

Labor and worker?

Does dolgozo have some sort of political connotation?

Zsolt may be able to help as he has more of a connection to the era - but as the medal and the council was called the "Munka-Paraszt..." or "Workers and Peasants" - munka refers to a more 'political' nature I am sure. Dolgozo - can go both ways, labor/work - more of the actual action, not a title. Just my interpretation.

Here is an odd one - not the typical case for a Sztahanoviszta. Its covered in what I would guess is something like fancy Christmas paper - its shiny and has swirl marks in it. Devoid of coat of arms. Uppon inspection the covering has been on there for quite some time and it looks like it has always been on there - its rather 'feminine'. The push button feature is also not too comonly encountered - my guess is a female recipieint and this also gives rise to the notion that there may have been the opportunity to purchase private "custom" boxes to display the badges in. (just a theory at this point)

Edited by hunyadi

The interior of the box shows bears a nice, but worn 1953 marked badge. The insert has come loose over time and is now unglued from the base (so I could inspect the strange covering in the hidden parts - everything uppon inspection tells a tale that this thing was made this way from the beginning)

This has to be one of the more 'cheaply' made badges - Its made of aluminum with pained on enamel. Very light and very unique. My best guess is an "excellent worker" for a postal program in the Young Pioneers program. Probably from the 1980's from the construction.

And for those who complain about 3rd Reich "Zinkers" - another interesting pin/badge for the Small Industry Association - fantastic and beautiful enamel to the top - but old zinc on teh bottom - no traces of the finish, but the enamled star remains (though it looks like the zinc also wants to suck that in too!)

oops- hope Hauptman doesn't mind it here.

I would think it also counts as a "excellent work" badge?

Hi Jeff,

Not at all! :D I'm happy to see the old girl getting more air time. Here's the link to my original posts on her which include several more views including the case:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=7303&hl=mhs

Dan :cheers:

The second award Sztahanovista badge is now reunited with Hunyadi's group. I have been joking with him it took a week-long vacation in the US. And thanks to him, I now have one in a Bakelite case! I'll get some scans together and post them here.

Funny how reunions happen - this is the second group I have been able to put a decoration back to it's main grouping (the other was an Order of Labor 2nd class)...

The second award Sztahanovista badge is now reunited with Hunyadi's group. I have been joking with him it took a week-long vacation in the US. And thanks to him, I now have one in a Bakelite case! I'll get some scans together and post them here.

Funny how reunions happen - this is the second group I have been able to put a decoration back to it's main grouping (the other was an Order of Labor 2nd class)...

Bravo!!!! Bravo!!! :jumping:

• 2 weeks later...

here's another one:

Excellent worker for exports (foreign trade commerce). I have no clue where or what one had to do to get this one.

By the construction materials-1970s-1980s.

Edited by Ulsterman