News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Legion Condor references books

Jacques

Hello,

Post your Legion Condor references books.

"Los Hombres de von Thoma" deals with all the units on the IMKER Drohne. It is written in Spanish language. Many unpublished pics but small. good written information.

• 3 weeks later...
    • 2 months later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 5 months later...

Some books from my collection (period and modern):

From left to right:

First row:

-Herrmann, Hajo: "Eagle's Wings: The Autobiography of a Luftwaffe Pilot".

-Merkes, Manfred: " Die deutsche Politik gegen?ber dem spanischen B?rgerkrieg 1936 - 1939" (in German).

-Proctor, Raymond L.: "Hitler's Luftwaffe in the Spanish Civil War".

-Vi?as, Angel: "Guerra, dinero, dictadura : ayuda fascista y autarqu?a en la Espa?a de Franco " (in Spanish)

-von Oven, Wilfred: "Hitler und der Spanische B?rgerkrieg: Mission und Schicksal der Legion Condor" (in German).

-Arias, Raul: "La Legi?n C?ndor. Im?genes in?ditas para su historia" (in Spanish).

-Laureau, Patrick: "Condor : The Luftwaffe in Spain 1936-1939".

Second row:

-Molina Franco, Lucas: "Los hombres de von Thoma" (in Spanish)

-Bender, Roger James: "Legion Condor - Uniforms, Organization & History"

-Hidalgo Salazar, Ramon "La ayuda alemana a Espa?a" (in Spanish)

-Vi?as, Angel: "Guerra, dinero, dictadura" (in Spanish)

-Keding, Karl: "Feldgeistlicher bei Legion Condor" (in German)

-"Jahrbuch der deutschen Luftwaffe - 1940" (in German)

-Laureau, Patrick and Fernandez, Jose: "La Legion Condor" (In French)

-Lobsien, Richard: "Legion Condor - Sie flogen jenseits den Grenzen" (in German).

Third row:

-"Deutsche k?mpften in Spanien" (in German)

-Kohler, Klaus: "Kriegsfreiwilliger 1937" (in German)

-Stache, Rudolf: "Armee mit geheimem Auftrag" (in German)

-von Forell, Fritz: "M?lders und seine M?nner" (in German)

-Graf von Hoyos, Max "Pedros y Pablos: Fliegen, Erleben, K?mpfen in Spanien" (in German)

-Bley, Wulf: "Das Buch der Spanienflieger" (in German)

-Kropp, Albert: "So k?mften deutschen Soldaten" (in German)

Fourth row:

-F?hring, Hellmut H.: "Wir funken f?r Franco" (in German)

-F?z?, Fosef: "Freie Jagd von Madrid bis Moskau" (in German).

-Beumelburg, Werner: "Kampf um Spanien" (in German).

-Trautloft, Hannes: "Als Jagdflieger in Spanien" (in German).

-Lent, Alfred: "Wir k?mpften f?r Spanien" (in German).

-Riess, Karl and Ring, Hans: "Legion Condor: History of the Luftwaffe in the Spanish Civil War"

-Mombeek, Eric: "Jagdwaffe: The Spanish Civil War"

-Arraez Cerda, Juan: "Los cazadores de la Legion Condor" (in Spanish)

• 2 weeks later...

I just added this book to my LC & SCW referrence library...LEGION CONDOR By Peter Elstob. It is an excellent book tracing the beginnings of the LC and the SCW. It has many photos and also has drawings of all aircraft flown during the SCW.

:beer: Doc

Juan,

Thanks for inspiring me to add to my LC & SCW library. :jumping: I ordered this book by Osprey publishing because of the quality of the pictures and color plates.

Hello Doc

Elstob's and Caballero Jurado's are far from being the best sources on the subject, but they are cheap anyway.

Best regards

Edited by Panzerpionier

Hello Juan,

I just added these to my referrence library. Jurado's book was added simply for the quality of the pictures and the color plates.

All the Best,

Doc

Hello Doc

Elstob's and Caballero Jurado's are far from being the best sources on the subject, but they are cheap anyway.

Best regards

Hello Juan,

I just added these to my referrence library. Jurado's book was added simply for the quality of the pictures and the color plates.

All the Best,

Doc

There are some mistakes on those plates. For example, the "Cruz de Guerra" (War Cross) breast plate sunburst should be matte silver instead of gilt.

Pictures are interesting indeed, but I already have seen all of them in other books.

Best regards

I agree Panzerpionier, the 2 books you shown are not the best IMHO.

If you are interested by pictures, the books I mentionned will present you a wide range of the available pics on the topic. Original period books are not so scarce, but need to know german language and sometimes gottic writing.

Well, Thanks!! I bought these two books to add to my LC & SCW library. I enjoy military history and that includes the SCW & LC. I read everything I can about the SCW & LC. It's the history I love most. This search for pictures is to aid in the ID of a LC Cap. I have other LC books including ...Riess, Karl and Ring, Hans: "Legion Condor: History of the Luftwaffe in the Spanish Civil War" . I'm just trying to add and hope to find various books on the subject. I will refer to your & Juan's list to fill in the gaps. Many Thanks!!!

Edited by Riley1965

Thank You, Fran!!! I hope to learn more than I already know. One can never learn too much.

Welcome to our "VERY tight fraternity". Next time you plan to buy a book about LC, please feel free to ask. I am sure we would give you our humble advice three, four or even one hundred times, but we will not shot you in flames for your selection. But of course you are free to take our advice or not, and to make comments about us in other forums.

http://www.militariacollecting.com/index.p...ic=26030&st=120

Many Thanks to all!!! I'll ask for advice as the time comes. I'm not a closed - minded person. I love to learn and love military history. Juan, there will be no more "shots" at the"fraternity". I was frustrated and I do apologise!!!

Again, Thank you All,

I agree, we/I can't blame you because I bought these books too..

Many Thanks to all!!! I'll ask for advice as the time comes. I'm not a closed - minded person. I love to learn and love military history. Juan, there will be no more "shots" at the"fraternity". I was frustrated and I do apologise!!!

Again, Thank you All,

IMHO the book that best fits your interest on LC uniforms and headgear is Bender's book. See post #3 for a picture of the cover.

Uniforms, Organization and History Legion Condor, Roger James Bender, R. James Bender Publishing, San Jose, CA 95153, 1992 ISBN No. 0-912138-50-5.

It is out of print, but several copies can be found at reasonable prices.

Please note that the text has several errors (I have not found a LC book with a text that is 100% reliable), but it includes hundreds of very good pictures, and pictures never lie :D

Juan,

Thanks!! I'll add it to my buy list. I appreciate the suggestion.

IMHO the book that best fits your interest on LC uniforms and headgear is Bender's book. See post #3 for a picture of the cover.

Uniforms, Organization and History Legion Condor, Roger James Bender, R. James Bender Publishing, San Jose, CA 95153, 1992 ISBN No. 0-912138-50-5.

It is out of print, but several copies can be found at reasonable prices.

Please note that the text has several errors (I have not found a LC book with a text that is 100% reliable), but it includes hundreds of very good pictures, and pictures never lie :D