News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

IRAN - Islamic Republic

Dave Danner

• Replies 78
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, you just beat me to that! And here is the result of my efforts:

The Medal of Service 1st Degree for Mr. Reza Aghazadeh (left, no close-up of the medal, I'm afraid :():

BTW: don't they ever wear ties?

Edited by Lukasz Gaszewski

• 1 month later...

well, I am on the Iran MOD website-and zippo is there. Also, the Iran vets forum has zero. Apparently iran did not give awards fro bravery during its Iraq war, even though they had some amazing national heroes.

I got these off ebay though-police ribbons. Now if we can just find out what they are......

• 2 weeks later...
    • 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I find some info about current Iranian awards on this page: http://www.iranica.com/articles/v7/v7f2/v7f267.html

There is some problems with code :unsure:

" After a lapse of twelve years civil honors were revived. New regulations governing their award were approved by the cabinet of President ¿Al^-Akbar Ha@æem^ Rafsanja@n^ on 27 AÚba@n 1369 ˆ./18 November 1990. There are three categories of such decorations: high (¿a@l^), specialized (takòasásáosá^), and general (¿omu@m^).

There are four high decorations. The highest, the Enqela@b-e esla@m^, is awarded to the president of the republic after his inauguration. The other three are awarded by the president at the suggestion of ministers and with the approval of the cabinet. The Esteqla@l and AÚza@d^ are intended for those who are deemed to have contributed to the goals of the regime; during each presidential term the former can be awarded only four times, the latter eight. The Jomhu@r^-e esla@m^, with three grades, is awarded to foreign heads of state, heads of international organizations, and other foreign dignitaries who have contributed to the stated goals of the regime, including expansion of the Islamic revolution; defense of the world's poor; struggle against political, economic, and cultural colonialism; support for Persian international policies; and cooperation in the expansion of relations between the Islamic Republic and their own countries.

Specialized decorations include the Da@neæ (erudition), Pa'u@heæ (research), L^a@qat wa mod^r^yat (merit and management), and ¿Ada@lat (justice).

General decorations include the Sa@zandag^ (constructiveness), K¨edmat (service), Ka@r o tawl^d (work and producton), ˆaja@¿at (bravary), Èt¯a@r (sacrifice), Ta¿l^m o tarb^at (education), Farhang o honar (culture and art), and Adab-e fa@rs^ (Persian literature). "

Thanks for viewing.

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

I have completed a draft submission on the awards of the Republic for JOMSA - about 2MB+ - and I would like to make use of the images of the Fateh medal and the close ups of the Research, Merit & Management and Bravery orders. Can I have your permission so to do - I will of course acknowledge the GMIC and should you wish yourselves as individuals.

Yours sincerely,

Owain Raw-Rees (OMSA 4978 & OMRS 3088)

Feel free to use the close-ups done by me. I personally think you should acknowledge the Middle East Media Research Institute too, as it was there that the movie was from ;) .

I think I won't be far from the truth to say you have blessings from all of us on this forum. We can't wait when the article is ready!!! :jumping::jumping::jumping:

Best regards,

Lukasz

Gentlemen,

I have completed a draft submission on the awards of the Republic for JOMSA - about 2MB+ - and I would like to make use of the images of the Fateh medal and the close ups of the Research, Merit & Management and Bravery orders. Can I have your permission so to do - I will of course acknowledge the GMIC and should you wish yourselves as individuals.

Yours sincerely,

Owain Raw-Rees (OMSA 4978 & OMRS 3088)

Feel free to use the image of my medal.

Regards,

Dave