News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Yugoslavian Partisan Stars

• Replies 344
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's easy to miss it in a topic with over 250 replies :)
    But still, like I said earlier, the order that you have showed us has different needle.
    Rudež mentions in his book that both Soviet and Yugoslav type were later converted although I don't remember seeing Yugo type with needle.

• 10 months later...

As BalkanCollector already wrote fakes do exist, some of them are not very well made and can be spotted right away. 
    When it comes to orders such as the one you presented above opinions are divided. There are far too many 2nd and 3rd class Partisan Stars on the market, just think about the number of awarded pieces. Basically there are two theories, some believe there's something wrong and that these pieces are probably fakes, others presume someone found a huge stash in some storage and started selling them. The biggest argument for the second theory is that red Soviet enamel, I wouldn't know myself but apparently it's very hard to copy it.
    Based on the photo I guess that 14056 is coming from Bulgaria... Most of these orders are being sold by the same sellers.
    This subject was also discussed in HERE.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi friends,

I've recenty bought this empty Partizan Star box on Ebay which was in perfect condition...

When I got it, it was just packed in a foamed envelope (not in a box), and was wrapped in some paper. Dispite all that, the box was severly damaged :-((  I contacted the seller and he immediately refunded all my money. As I think these boxes are quite rare, I proposed to check what the remaining collectible value is, and propose him this price. Up to the seller to agree or not. Else I will send it back. 

As you can see, ALL the seams on the box has ripped and split...It must have been crushed in the mail under the weight of all the other packages and letters...  It's such a shame as I'm sure this is rare: a 2nd class silver IKOM star is rare... Not to mention it's box in perfect condition... :((  

What would be the remaining value of the sale price? 25%??

Kind regards,

Gerd V

IMG_2967_opt.jpg

IMG_2968_opt.jpg

IMG_2970_opt.jpg

What a pity! As you already wrote 2nd class boxes are rare so it hard to say what would be realistic price now.
    I presume it has "ORDEN PARTIZANSKE ZVEZDE SA SREBRNIM VENCEM" inscription on the lid, that means it was made after March 1961. The box is for the needle variant and I don't remember seeing IKOM made 2nd classes with needle, of course that doesn't mean they don't exist.

1 hour ago, BalkanCollector said:

I've finally bought my first 3rd class star of this order (IKOM, Yugoslav made type). The hallmarks look good under the magnifier. It looks even more beautiful in my hands.

Very nice, Mario! Congrats

Kind regards,

Gerd V

Yes sir, it is a box for an Star with pin.

Does anyone know how much an honest price would be? I can propose the seller this price and buy it in that condition, alas :-(

PM's with suggestions are welcome. 

Kind regards,

Gerd V

17 hours ago, BalkanCollector said:

I've finally bought my first 3rd class star of this order (IKOM, Yugoslav made type). The hallmarks look good under the magnifier. It looks even more beautiful in my hands.

Congrats, a nice looking pieces and a great addition to your collection :beer:

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

The one thing that stood out, to me, when I had this in hand are the tool marks(?) that I've pointed out in the image below.  They're most obvious in the two spots with the '>' but are discernible in all 5 spots.  I'm guessing these are parts of the manufacturing process.

Partisan-Star3-O-tool-marks-1.5m.jpg

First of all I'd like to point out that I'm not claiming some of the orders I'll be writing about are 100% fake, there are a few issues that concern me and I'd just like to hear other people's opinions. 
    We talked a lot about MD Partisan Stars before, but what about IKOM made orders? Were these being awarded at all? I ask because I don't remember seeing an awarded IKOM Partisan Stars, do you? Does anyone have, for example, an inherited awarded piece or a piece with a matching number on the awarding certificate?
    I did some rethinking after talking about the "2nd class flood" (I'll come back to that subject later) with other collectors and now I'm not sure if all of these 3rd classes are authentic.
    I started collecting images of IKOM orders just recently so unfortunately I don't have a very large photo archive.
    Let's start with these two, look at the rifles, do they seem OK to you?
    1.thumb.jpg.b43408a59d1cd48e4484bd0f4e175bee.jpg
    2.thumb.JPG.979e373d37f56aef3264bb5e2fa973a9.JPG

Edited by paja