News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Medals of Papua New Guinea

Lukasz Gaszewski

Hello Gentlemen,

We all know that there is a UK & a Canadian issue of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 1952-2012.

Few people know that in 2012 was also instituted a Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 1952-2012 for the Caribbean Realms.

It was a surprise to discover that Papua New Guinea also issued a specific medal for this Jubilee.

I have not been able to see one, and I bet this medal was only issued to citizens of Papua New Guinea. I found evidence that 400 of this medals have been awarded in the Central Province of Papua New Guinea (the Central Province is the Province around Port Moresby, the capital of Papua New Guinea). It's population is about 300.000 inhabitants.

https://emtv.com.pg/400-in-central-province-awarded-queen-elizabeths-diamond-jubilee-medal/ 

No idea what might be its dimension, but its diameter seems larger than the UK & Canadian issue.

If any member of this forum has better information concerning this medal, he's most welcome to post it here.

From the 1st photo, I bet the manufacturer could be ELM of Singapore, or its spin off company from Sydney : T & S Signcraft Pty Ltd .

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Papua New Guinea Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 2012 issued in 2019 with Award Document.jpg

Papua New Guinea Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal 2012 to Max Hayes.jpg

Papua New Guinea Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal said to be a replica.png

Edited by heusy68

• 5 months later...

I was honoured, as an Australian, by being awarded this medal. I am one of only 3 Queensland Police officers to have been so priveleged. I believe Police from other states may also have been awarded this medal.

I will try to compress the size of the photos to add here

PNG QEII Reverse.JPG

PNG QEII Obverse.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tcjbbomber,

Thanks so much for the amazing and clear photo of this medal, and its reverse.

Can I ask you, if it possible for you to post a clear photo of the Case of Issue, outside, and inside ?

Is there a manufacturer mark, inside the case, likely ELM ( Singapore ), or T&S Signcraft in the outskirt of Sydney.

Regards.

Emmanuel

Thanks so much Tracy, you help to fill a gap.

Long time ago, I used to have a long and strong collaboration with Gerard Leong from ELM, but since 2014/2015, for reason unknown to me, he has been unwilling to collaborate any more. 

I know it's out of topic, but without me, pointing that the Island of Montserrat in the Caribbean had issued a tender for Awards, in year 2010 (or 2011), he would have pass by. And actually ELM won that contract with Government of Montserrat (for 5 Awards). Our agreement, was that I would have got & specimen of each of the 5 medals, no salary as I do not work for ELM, the company. But a token for my effort. Believe it or not I had to beg, for them to send me, just 3 of the 5 medals, and the last 2 ( Order of Hero of Independence, and Educational Award), it was his middlemen in Trinidad & Tobago who sold them to me. Sold....not given, as promised. If Gerad reads this lines, congrats to him. He is a man of his words.

I have been able to build up a very nice Papua New Guinea Collection. But I cheer people like Tracy who help the Community to understand this country better. 

I include here my Papua New Guinea post 2005 ( reform of Papua New Guinea Award System ) collection.

Thanks to Albert for having helping me to aquire the Community Meritorious Service Medal.

If ever I can attend an event related to medals, in Papua, after this coronavirus will stop to challenge our lives, I would go for sure.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Papua New Guinea Order of the Logohu Officer observe.jpg

Papua New Guinea Post 2005 awards obverse.jpg

Papua New Guinea Post 2005 Awards reverse.jpg

Edited by heusy68

These are the 4 remaining Papua New Guinea Service Medals, post 2005.

Papua New Guinea Distinguished Military Medal

Papua New Guinea Distinguished Police Medal

Papua New Guinea Meritorious Emergency Service Medal

Papua New Guinea Public Service Medal

These medals are currently manufactured by T&S Signcraft from the outskirt of sydney. I had one short call with one of their staff member, CEO maybe ??....;let's say, he had been reluctant to any collaboration.

Any who, who could help me to acquires these medals, I would be delighted.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Papua New Guinea Distinguished Military Medal.jpg

Papua New Guinea Distinguished Police Medal.jpg

Papua New Guinea Meritorious Emergency Service Medal.jpg

Papua New Guinea Public Service Medal.png

To all devoted to the cause of knowledge, here are the Papua New Guinea Medal from before 2005. Most of them actually were absolete by 1975, with exception of 

Papua New Guinea Community Service Medal

Papua New Guinea Police LSGC Medal

Papua New Guinea Civil Service LSGC Medal (bought from an auction house, but had no time to properly re-scan).

I still miss the Papua New Guinea Armed Forces LSGC Medal (similar as the 2 others but the ribbon is made of red & white stripes).

I would like to get the opportunity to STATE that restrike exist of these LSGC medals (the sharpness of less good, and most of all, they are NOT numbered on the rim. Also they are thinner, and lighter).

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Papua New Guinea Medals obverse.jpg

Papua New Guinea Medals reverse.jpg

Papua New Guinea Civil LSGC Medal with 2 additional Long Service Bar Lot 3663.jpg.png

Papua New Guinea Civil LSGC Medal Pair 3115a.jpg

• 1 year later...