Takc

Cuban belt buckle

Hi Stoo!

I am pretty sure it is, but have no info on the years of production, contract details etc.

When I bought it, I was not even thinking that it was a Cuba, I thought it could be a warsaw pact country. And one man who is a world-buckles expert, told me it was a Cuba.

very funny thing.

BTW, looks like unissued buckles were totally overpainted. I have found a needle-head-sized spot of paint on the face, which is a remnants of original paint.

Interesting buckle. Welcome to the forum! I have tried to comb through what (thin) photos I have of Cuban personnel but cannot find a picture showing a buckle... any idea as to era. FAR was FAR even before the revolution.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks! This is a quite lovely place, especially, after the MCF :)

Interesting buckle. ... I have tried to comb through what (thin) photos I have of Cuban personnel but cannot find a picture showing a buckle... any idea as to era. FAR was FAR even before the revolution.

The similar steel painted buckles were used in soviet army since 70-ies, so I guess these times were the beginning of the production of buckles for FAR. Also, at these times the soviet-cuban relations were quite warm and friendly.

@Takc:

Your belt buckle could be made and used in the mid 60's until the mid 70's because I asked my father who served the FAR from 1980 until 1983. He don't know these belt buckle.

Here my FAR belt like my father had:

SDC10805_zps64bc4c16.jpg

Nice one! It seems that the belt made from the similar artifical "leather" like the Soviet belts.

See yourself! :) In fact the belt isn't artificial leather but canvas and the outer side coated with some rubber-like material.

Thank you Markgraf for sharing this pic. It's very interesting to know this fact. :)

BTW, looks like unissued buckles were totally overpainted. I have found a needle-head-sized spot of paint on the face, which is a remnants of original paint.

My Cuba belt buckle is painetd for all sides.

Original belt buckle with the Cuban shield printed and the initials (C.V.P) this stands for ( Cuerpo de Vigilancia Y Proteccion) POLICE. This buckle is rare because it was only fabricated at the beginning of the 60's. It measures 2' X 2 3/8' inches

On 15/2/2007 at 20:43, Takc said:

here is it

____.jpg

____2.jpg

____.jpg

____2.jpg

Very strange, i've never seen any photo of that bucket worn by cuban soldiers

Dear friend , 

here attached a very nice buckles from the Fulgencio Batista Army ! 

kind regards 

Yann 

ACDA87EE-BA80-4F6D-9FF7-4DFF37FF3968.jpeg

8218F10B-0EB6-4DAA-9008-C8891C8863F8.jpeg

FCD6CA61-D152-44F4-9626-403A81553224.jpeg

337E0F85-C9A1-4EBF-9035-7F5F09BAC0D0.jpeg

Wow!

Those are very nice buckles!

I have been looking for a brass Cuban belt buckle for some time but they just don't seem to exist...until now.

I did find a picture of one online but I think that is as close as I am ever going to get...lol

160519193816_B82A.jpg

Thank you for sharing these buckles.  It is nice to see different items!