News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

It looks Japanese, but what is it?

fjcp

I found this item on Ebay and I must confess I don't know what it is....

It certainly looks Japanese, but that's about it...

I'm not going to bid on the item but I thought it was rather interesting.

Any thoughts?

JC

Honestly, JC, I'm never sure. Without anything in the way of a good reference book or any Chinese language skills (my fault, OK), I never pay much attention to these. This looks like maybe a low class, and Liverpool has an 8th class (with mount intact, but a real JOKE ribbon) just now at ?295.00. So . . . who knows.

:unsure:

Stick to Mongolia!

:cheers:

Stick to Mongolia!

:cheers:

Don't worry Ed, I'm a loyal mongolian obsessed nutter. :cheers:

I do like the odd Japanese item though, from time to time.

I had a look through my brother's Burke's Peerage book and according to it, this is the 2nd class sash badge.

To ID the grade of this award one only has to count the number of little gold stars in the red rays. At least for the top grades, the lower grades get blue instead of white rays...

Rather interesting really.

Cheers and thanks again.

JC

As a contributor to the Burke's set, I'd say use it with some care, but that may be right here. Not sure. We really REALLY need a good reference book on pre- and post-revolutionary Chinese gongs.

If we knew more, more reliably, it could get interesting. The imperial stuff is lovely.

My daily exercise is done, so I am not up to the Burke's set just now . . . . :rolleyes:

• 14 years later...