News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thailand Order of the Crown

CRBeery

Here is an early cased order that I picked up. I have one on the end of a Prussian bar and when I saw this I thought it would fit in my collection. It has the nicest case I have ever handled. Velvet and that stamped design! Enjoy.

Guest Rick Research

love.giflove.giflove.gif What a beauty-- and on a TRIFOLD!

The top of the case is impressed on the velvet? It looks like a separately applied metal badge!

I have NEVER encountered Siamese awards from this period... and you've got TWO!

Rick,

The design/crest is a different material. Maybe brass. The cool thing is that it is not ON the velvet but recessed in! When looking from the side only the central shield with the pachyderms sticks up above the velvet. It puts all of the Imperial German cases I have to shame. Hell, its nicer than some of the medals I have seen. Its even nice to pet! catjava.gif

• 6 months later...

... there has occurred to me just the Wuerttemberg Major Albert Pasquay...

In the above mentioned wehrmacht-awards thread I have asked whether somebody knows when definitive the change of models has taken place?

Because in the year 1925 the Order of the Crown had still the "old" or first type design discussed here (look Guadagnini -Storia degli Ordini Equestri).

Is there somebody who can date the time of the model change profound and exactly (I assume in the 40's)?

Matthias

Edited by kunsho

• 1 month later...
    • 12 years later...
    On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2006 at 23:04, kunsho said:

... there has occurred to me just the Wuerttemberg Major Albert Pasquay...

In the above mentioned wehrmacht-awards thread I have asked whether somebody knows when definitive the change of models has taken place?

Because in the year 1925 the Order of the Crown had still the "old" or first type design discussed here (look Guadagnini -Storia degli Ordini Equestri).

Is there somebody who can date the time of the model change profound and exactly (I assume in the 40's)?

Matthias

pasquay.jpg

The order of the crown and the order of the white elephant changed 1909. So the type 1 are before 1909 and the type 2 are after 1909.

/Micke