News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet military toys

Takc

Finaly this may be totaly :off topic: but I do love this Soviet Kitchen Set, it comes complete ith acessories :jumping:

I have many more cars but I can not get to them at present :banger:

Order of Victory

You the owner of good garage

Livery?

You mean - colour scheme and number?

01 was a fire fighter's telephone number in SU, like 911. Now it is a fire - paramedic - police united telephone number, The red colour with white stripes is a traditional firefighting.

This car depicts probably the inspection car.

The traditional colours of soviet official service autos are the following:

red colour and white stripe - fire fighting,

white and red stripe - medic,

yellow and blue stripe - police,

blue and white stripe - post offices,

yellow and red stripe - technical support of a living area infrastructure (water communications, gaz pipelines, etc),

black - official cars of authorities.

Livery?

You mean - colour scheme and number?

01 was a fire fighter's telephone number in SU, like 911. Now it is a fire - paramedic - police united telephone number, The red colour with white stripes is a traditional firefighting.

This car depicts probably the inspection car.

The traditional colours of soviet official service autos are the following:

red colour and white stripe - fire fighting,

white and red stripe - medic,

yellow and blue stripe - police,

blue and white stripe - post offices,

yellow and red stripe - technical support of a living area infrastructure (water communications, gaz pipelines, etc),

black - official cars of authorities.

Thank you TakC :cheers: that list is a great help :jumping:

Order of Victroy

Nice collection of toys guys! What a far cry from todays electronic robots and modern stuff!!

My dad was only a child during the war and he sometimes tells how he and his pals would play in the ruins of bombed buildings with bits of wood and debris .... in fact he still bears a 2 inch scar on one of his knees where he cut himself on debris!! But bits of wood would become swords or guns and these kids would be really happy! His lead soldiers were the top toy a young boy could have at the time!!!

Again, thanks for posting cars and soldiers!

Jim :cheers:

Nice collection of toys guys! What a far cry from todays electronic robots and modern stuff!!

My dad was only a child during the war and he sometimes tells how he and his pals would play in the ruins of bombed buildings with bits of wood and debris .... in fact he still bears a 2 inch scar on one of his knees where he cut himself on debris!! But bits of wood would become swords or guns and these kids would be really happy! His lead soldiers were the top toy a young boy could have at the time!!!

Again, thanks for posting cars and soldiers!

Jim :cheers:

It is very well told

Though this is made in the US, it's from the 1950s. Not sure if the red star is trying to mimic a Soviet pistol (like a Nagant), but the overall design is also much like one of the US model revolvers. Still, 1950s were pretty deep in the Cold War and a "red star" sure meant "communist" back then.

• 3 years later...

Figured this was another good thread that deserves to be continued. Surely someone out there has some more Soviet military toys to post. I for one would love to see more. I'm still hoping to add some but so far none have come my way. So show em' if ya got em'!jumping.gifjumping.gifbeer.gif

Dancheers.gif

• 9 months later...