News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A colleague brought me in his medals to photograph. It's quite an interesting group so I thought I would post up a few pics. He spent 42 years in the Royal Navy.

BEM

GSM with NI Bar

RNLSGC with Bar

He was three years short of getting a 2nd Bar for his LSGC when he retired.

Sorry, but the pics have lost quite a bit of clarity due to re-sizing them to 60kb.

Graeme

Edited by GraemeR

Front of the BEM.

I have never seen one before and it's quite interesting to see the words 'For God and the Empire'. He was awarded this about 17 years ago. I understand that it's the Military equivelant of the OBE.

I don't think it would be pc to issue them now?

Graeme

Edited by GraemeR

Unfortunately he is not interested in selling - at present.

No, not Navy, just ex-Govt. Although I mostly work with ex-forces people these days.

One chap brought his group in to let me see it today. Everyone of us said about his 3rd medal 'what the hell is that'. Even the guys with over 30 years service had never seen one of them. I will get pics next week and we can have a wee quiz to see who can identify it.

Graeme