News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russians only put up the pressure BEFORE the event. Once the auction happens they stop all the contacts and act as if it never existed. If the auction yields to their demands they try to air that fact inside the country as loud and as long as possible. They make sure that public in Russia only hears about successful attempts.

The reason for all this BS is simple: 2007 happens to be in election year in Russia, so it all is just politics and PR...

• Replies 104
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russians only put up the pressure BEFORE the event. Once the auction happens they stop all the contacts and act as if it never existed. If the auction yields to their demands they try to air that fact inside the country as loud and as long as possible. They make sure that public in Russia only hears about successful attempts.

The reason for all this BS is simple: 2007 happens to be in election year in Russia, so it all is just politics and PR...

A fascinatimng and important perspective, thanks! :cheers:

• 10 months later...

Any possibility of getting a downloadable PDF version of the upcoming auction for the members of this forum?

20 euros for a catalogue which might not contain anything I'm inclined to bid on is a bit excessive for my bank account unfortunaly regardless of the fact that I'm sure it'll be a good reference source :unsure:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest - I am the owner of the abovementioned auction. Please feel free to send any questions regarding the forthcoming auction.

Catalogues were sent to those who have pre-ordered them through our web site or at the shows we have been spreading leaflets. Let me know if you want .pdf catalogue. I will send that by email if needed (10 Megabytes). We did a lot of work with the auction and decided to give our first catalogue out free. Medalhouse Ltd. is new company just for the auctions, but is owned by me / Finnmedals Intl., which I have had for over ten years.

Prices ARE NOT starting prices, but ESTIMATE prices. There is a reserve price on each item, but that is lower than the lowest estimate.

It was nice to meet many of you at the SOS!

With best regards,

Jani

Hi Jani, It?s Miguel AGREDA (Hipnos)

Happy to contact you. I?m still Looking with a smile the Nice Finish bar I bough you past year

Regards

Miguel

PS/ Can you send me the PDF??

well, if you put in a request for a catalog

you'll be taken to a link where for 20 euro

you can buy one - I can not however

find any link for a pdf version of the catalog

they did send me a postcard for

the march auction

I do not know if this means a catalog

will eventually arrive

as nice as printed catalogs are

especially now that so many are in color

I'd rather not purchase them

there is only so much storage I have,

but storage for pdf's - that's different

Hello,

I have a link to .pdf catalog in my website www.finnmedals.net. Its on the front page almost on the top.

Its low quality but still 12,5 Mb.

We will publish .pdf on the medalhouse.com later this week.

Jani

Edited by Jani Tiainen

Its actually finnmedals.net - I have both .com and .net but catalog is on the latter one.

Jani

Interesting, for me *.net came up as "under construction" but I found it through *.com. In any case . . . niccceeeeee.

Effective buyer's price

Dear Jani,

many thanks for your pdf :cheers: .

Question about the final hammer prices: Is it the hammer price + 18 % buyers premium + 19 % (German) VAT in total :unsure: ? So a item of EUR 1.000,- would cost EUR 1.404,20 :unsure: ?

Who exactly got the K-19-Ushi :unsure: ? I guess, that the comrade in question played also a role in that great movie.

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Hello,

I have a link to .pdf catalog in my website www.finnmedals.net. Its on the front page almost on the top.

Its low quality but still 12,5 Mb.

We will publish .pdf on the medalhouse.com later this week.

Jani

Effective buyer's price

Dear Jani,

many thanks for your pdf :cheers: .

Question about the final hammer prices: Is it the hammer price + 18 % buyers premium + 19 % (German) VAT in total :unsure: ? So a item of EUR 1.000,- would cost EUR 1.404,20 :unsure: ?

Who exactly got the K-19-Ushi :unsure: ? I guess, that the comrade in question played also a role in that great movie.

Christian

I have asked my friend to tell more about K-19 Ushi.

Buyers premium is altogether approximately 21% (18+ German VAT). That is the same as most of the big auction houses use in Germany. Germany has actually two different VAT's - the other one is used in case the item will be declared out of the EU. All the details can be found from terms & conditions in the catalog.

Jani

I have asked my friend to tell more about K-19 Ushi.

Buyers premium is altogether approximately 21% (18+ German VAT). That is the same as most of the big auction houses use in Germany. Germany has actually two different VAT's - the other one is used in case the item will be declared out of the EU. All the details can be found from terms & conditions in the catalog.

Jani

Dear Jani,

many thanks for your clarification - 21 % is moderate & normal :cheers: .

I myself don't have the cash in the moment, for spending EUR 10.000,- or more on another Ushi for my collection ;) . But it might be interesting for our GMIC-community, to know, who of the K-19-crew received that Ushi :D .

Your catalog is - concerning Soviet/Russian items - is really impressive and the starting prices are rather moderate :cheers: .

Christian

Dear Jani,

many thanks for your clarification - 21 % is moderate & normal :cheers: .

I myself don't have the cash in the moment, for spending EUR 10.000,- or more on another Ushi for my collection ;) . But it might be interesting for our GMIC-community, to know, who of the K-19-crew received that Ushi :D .

Your catalog is - concerning Soviet/Russian items - is really impressive and the starting prices are rather moderate :cheers: .

Christian

And watch those estimates ZOOM, Christian. Good for Jani (and friends), bad for us of moderate means (a.k.a. the Phaleristic Proletariat).

:beer:

And watch those estimates ZOOM, Christian. Good for Jani (and friends), bad for us of moderate means (a.k.a. the Phaleristic Proletariat).

Dear Ed,

you are right, we - state or army paid - historians belong to the Phaleristic Proletariat, in comparison to the numerous "more than rich" Russian collectors, who have their residences in Vienna and in the Austrian Alps ;) .

But have a look at Jani's two "Kosovo-Medals" - the are numbered and their starting prices are really moderate :D .

Christian

• 1 year later...

Just for information,

This year we have fall auction as well, that takes place in Finland, October 17th. We are currently making the catalog and there will be nice items from Finland, Estonia and of course CCCP. Catalog should be ready to be mailed near mid-Sept.

Jani

Edited by Jani Tiainen

• 1 month later...