News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Parade Uniforms - all eras

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

Yes, I agree. The tank devices are much too close to the rank stars and SHOULD be up near the buttons.

BUT

Technical Lieutenant Mikhail Spiridonovich Kolyakov of Volchansky RVK, Kharkov Oblast also has his armor devices half-way down his shoulder boards, where a Senior Lieutenant's 3rd star should be. Attested on 24 October 1951:

And here is Captain of Administrative Services Viktor Aleksandrovich Danilov of the 69th Tank Regiment, taken in March 1951, wearing ONE of the commonly seen bronze colored tank devices on his right shoulder board, while the other one on his left board matches his rank stars:

Of course these are both service duty uniforms and not parade dress, but illustrate non-standard wear of insignia. It still amazes me how often Soviet officers did NOT follow proper regulations for wearing uniforms and decorations.

Slava, that border troops mundir is beautiful.

I had one on my shopping list for a long time!

I eneded up buying a repro..

Makes a nice display for the awards though :)

• 3 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Slava, that border troops mundir is beautiful.

I had one on my shopping list for a long time!

I eneded up buying a repro..

Coils need to be sewn on hands of a jacket. On this uniform a mistake. Coils are sewn on a collar

Not quite NKVD used 'coils' and not bars I can add period pictures if need be.

Stoo, it seems that our Russian associate is correct. However, please show your period photos for at least my sake. You know how much I adore photos...

In any case, your Mundir is still indeed a very attractive reproduction. I still do not own one, and stumbling upon a real one for sale at any price has not happened even once in the years I have been collecting.

(also see post 29):

Edited by RichieC

...and BTW Gentleman; bad contrast on that image in case none of you all had noticed...

Also, there is a variant of the collar tabs. I know I have an image somewhere and will try to locate it shortly.

:rolleyes:

Edited by RichieC

Very much it would be desirable to look this photo

Sergey!

Here I have information from our associate; "Flack". Please you will translate and explain. It will save me time and I believe you can get a more exact translation than I...

Хорошо? :beer:

"Вот, сравнительная схема петлиц: сверху - старые (1943, как у Вас на фото), снизу - новые (1944-55).

И нарукавные (оригиналы): слева новые (с 1944), справа - "приказные" 1943."

ВВ"

Here, the comparative scheme of buttonholes: from above - old (1943, as at you on a photo), from below - new (1944-55).

And a sleeve of a jacket (originals): at the left new (with 1944), on the right - "The order " 1943. "

Here, the comparative scheme of buttonholes: from above - old (1943, as at you on a photo), from below - new (1944-55).

And a sleeve of a jacket (originals): at the left new (with 1944), on the right - "The order " 1943. "

BTW all - "collar tabs" translate into the word "buttonholes"...

Stoooo!

Perhaps these images will clarify things a bit. I see EXACTLY where you are coming from, going from old B & W shots, at a distance no less... Those tabs for senior commanders (the doubled "bars") do indeed to resemble "spools".

:beer:

Edited by RichieC