Commemorative Coin/Medal

Not military so please feel free to move it to a more appropriate place.

I grabbed this the other day, Commemorative Coin for the 30 July Revolution. These were available from the Central Bank in Baghdad as well as the Mosul Branch and Basra Branch. Made in silver, it's more weighty in hand than it appears. Any additional information you guys have I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Tony

The top of the case. It's plastic but fairly decent quality considering. It has the small booklet inside expaining the issue of the coin, the gold, silver, and bronze types, and the gold and silver content of the various types. I'm not a coin or tabel medal type guy but this seemed too interesting to pass up.

• 1 year later...

Sal

Man I must have missed this one: This one is very nice, did you pick this one up at the Bazzar in FOB Liberty?

Thank you for Sharing it: I am looking for me one time now......

Thank you

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hey Lorenzo

Yes I got it at Liberty. Go see our friend at the bazaar, with all the rugs and carpets. I got it from him. I know he had others, not this exact one, but he has others there.

T

Hey Lorenzo

Yes I got it at Liberty. Go see our friend at the bazaar, with all the rugs and carpets. I got it from him. I know he had others, not this exact one, but he has others there.

T

SAL

Man, I seen his stuff he has a lot of great items but the prices went up. Like the King Faisel II Coronation Medal English mint silver, He has 2 of them. The prices for them is $450.00 each. I thank God I was able to get my 4 that I have for $100.00 a piece back in 2005. I Read in a JOMSA article only 5000 were made 500 were ship to Iraq. I wonder what happen to the other 4500 of them???

Thank you

Lorenzo

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I've had this coin case for along time and don't have a clue of went in it. My guess is Saudi Arabia.

thanks,

barry

Hi Barry,

The dhow, palm tree and wavy lines representing the sea would suggest a Qatari connection. They are all elements in the Qatar state crest. However, they are not arranged in the same way and do not include camels or an oil well.

Perhaps it has something to do with a presentation or commemorative medallion from a state oil company or related enterprise?

Cheers,

James