News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mongolian Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

• 4 weeks later...
    • Replies 145
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Alexei Merezhko had one of the same vintage and probably same construction while you were gone.

So that's TWO that have eluded me!

:love: THAT'S come off a uniform...

what are the last two foreign ribbons?

:beer:

Wow Ed ! and Rick ,

That?s quite unbelivable ! The twin to my big ribbon bar!!!!

3 SB + 4 Order of Labor + 2 Order of red banner labor

it Just cant be another one with this combo??????

It also have an Bulgarian Order + The VERY unusual Yugoslavian Order of the Flag 1st class

and the one foreign I so far coulndt id !! the two clored with some badge ?

Super interesting ! Who was this guy?

Thanks Ed for showing this !

Christer

Who was this guy?

I discussed this with "A Friend of Us All" in Ulanbaatar. He believed an identity can be assigned. Watch this space . . . .

:beer:

That last ribbon is very much tinkered together on my bar, but has what seems to be a French-style 2nd class (gold-rosette-silver) device.

And just to see them side-by-side . . .

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Alexei Merezhko had one of the same vintage and probably same construction while you were gone.

So that's TWO that have eluded me!

I guess I beat you to it as the ribbon bar is one of the ones Alexei had.

Edited by rboomsma

Right, the third one on the 1st bar is for the Order of Combat Valor.

One of those that took me quite some time to get. I guess it's harder to find than the more common ones.

The hardest to find being of course the ribbon for the OSB :speechless:

Dolf

It is the order of Combat Valor, I think it a little harder top get than the others.

Ah . . . scanning problems and it is scanned with the bar flipped. All is clearer now. What I expected. An uncommon bar to be sure, especially from that era. Thanks.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Here's a nice cloth one

Order of Sukhbaatar; Order of the Red Banner of Combat Valor; Order of Combat Valor; Order of the Polar Star

Medal of Combat; Medal of Khalkhin Gol; "We Won" Medal; Medal for 40th Anniv. of MPR;

Medal for 50th Anniv. of the Revolution; Medal for 30th Anniv. of Victory over Japan; Medal for 40th Anniv. of Khalkhin Gol Victory;

Medal for 40th Anniv. of Khalkhin Gol Victory (2X); Medal for 50th Anniv. of the Armed Forces; Medal for 60th Anniv. of the Armed Forces; Soviet Medal for Victory over Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect this guy was important and enjoyed travelling :P

2 Orders of Sukhbaatar; 2 Orders of Lenin; Order of the Red Banner of

Labor Valor; Soviet Order of the Red Banner; 2 Orders of Combat Valor; 2

Orders of the Polar Star; 2 Medals of Combat; Order of the People's

Republic of Bulgaria; Czechoslovak Military Order for Liberty; 2 unknown decorations, probably GDR; Soviet OGPw 2nd Class; 100th Anniversary of Lenin's Birth Medal; Khalkin Gol Medal; We Won Medal; Medal for 25th Anniversary of the MPR; Medal for 40th Anniversary of the MPR; Medal for 50th Anniversary of Mongolian Revolution; Medal for 30th Anniversary of the Khalkin Gol Victory; Medal for 50th Anniversary of Mongolian Army; Medal for 50th Anniversary of Mongolian State Security; Medal for 50th Anniversary of Victory over Japan; Medal for 50th Anniversary of Mongolian Police; Soviet Medal for 30th Anniversary of Victory; Soviet Medal for Victory over Japan; and Soviet Medal for Victory over Germany.

Correct, restored in the corner. Presumably the ribbon got soiled, torn or something like that. Rather crudely done (can be seen on reverse).

Makes you wonder where all these awards have disappeared to...