News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Honour Roll Clasp Award Document

Guest Rick Research

These were actually hand signed, right?

Was this Erich Gust the later Oberleutnant in 1./Panzer Artillerie Regiment 2 who won a German Cross in Gold, gazetted 1 June 1944?

• 3 months later...

:love: A rare beasty indeed!

I have the photo albums and a couple of other bits 'n bobs to one of the very few KM ehrentafelspange holders, Ruprecht R?ssger , but none of the photos show him wearing it and i know at least his preliminary award doc is out there in a collection somewhere...as well as it being featured in Forman's book. :speechless:

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I am sorry to revive an old topic, but Gordon's HONOR ROLL document shows a date of september 1943,

since the clasp itself was not instituded before the end of january 1944,it is not really a "clasp'"award document.

I do not believe that it was hand signed by H.HITLER .

The same signature is found on my example, and it is printed.

Robert

[attachmentid=43803]

• 1 month later...

Hello gordon,

Thank you for showing that very nice and rare award document. That is one that really is not all that common. :beer:

I see also with large interest that his deeds to be named in the "Ehrenblatt" does name, Ssinjawino.

This place was the heavy fought for hillside in the Northern part of Russia and on the date of 22.07.1943 the battle now known as " Third Ladoga - battle" started. It was exactly the purpose of the Russians to pierce towards Mga and when possible catch the so called "Ssinjawinno" hights. (This was the task of the 67 Russian Army - commander: GM Duchanow).

The German 11 Infantery Division (ID) managed to hold the Russian Offensive off at the Ssinjawinno hights and they handed tehse hights over towards the German 21 ID on the date of 11.08.1943.

So this person did win his award for his participation on the succesfull defence of the SSinjawinno hights during the 3 th Ladoga Battle.

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

I am sorry to revive an old topic, but Gordon's HONOR ROLL document shows a date of september 1943,

since the clasp itself was not instituded before the end of january 1944,it is not really a "clasp'"award document.

I do not believe that it was hand signed by H.HITLER .

The same signature is found on my example, and it is printed.

Robert

[attachmentid=43803]

Correct of course.

In this and many other cases, the Honour Roll Clasp was given as a physical/visual symbol of the award, restrospectively to soldiers who had already been listed in the Roll of Honour.

• 5 years later...

I saw this old topic now and it puzzles me somewhat.

This can nor be of the later DKiG recipient Erich Gust.

Erich Gust was already an Oberleutnant by then in 1. / Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 2

He was awarded the "Anerkennungsurkunde des Oberbefehlshabers des Heeres" (of which the image is shown here and not the Ehrenblattspange) on February 7th, 1944 as Oberleutnant in 1. / Panzer-Artillerie-Regiment 2 for action near Kusminka on November 10th, 1943.

This must be an Anerkennungsurkunde for the later recipient of the Nahkampfspange in Gold, Erich Gust of II. / Grenadier-Regiment 23. He reached the rank of Leutnant not before 1945, so that would be more in line with the ranks.