News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

New book?

Has anyone read this book? Do you recommend it?

Harry Carr revised by Frederick Smyth

This is one of the most successful Masonic Publications in recent times due to the immense knowledge of the late Harry Carr and his entertaining writing style.

If you enjoy your masonry then this book will bring a new delight to all that you see and hear in lodge.

When Harry Carr became secretary and editor of the Quatuor Coronati Lodge of Research, the answering of lodge questions became a major part of his duties. In a style that became a hall mark of all his masonic writing, he always answered a little more than the original question. In response to hundreds of requests from all over the world, the answers he gave to questions during his twelve years office as editor of Quatuor Coronati Transactions have been collected together in this book. Only the best and most interesting subjects are included and every question will be relevant to most brethren in the course of their work in the lodge ? hence the title The Freemason at Work

This book was substantially revised by Frederick Smyth, the eminent Masonic author and Past Master of Quatuor Coronati Lodge, in 1992; brining the text right up-to-date for much had change since the book was first published in 1976.

This is a book to be treasured, one that will provide a wealth of knowledge in an easy to read style.

A collection of more than 200 questions with comprehensive answers to all manner of masonic subjects. 390 pages, hardback

sad.gif What about this one?

I saw it on ebay, but was out. Howver, I`ve managed to track down a copy from a second hand book shop online. I would vey much like to hear from anyone who was read it.

There are two books that I believe no Freemason should be without and this is one of them. Freemasons Guide and Compendium, by Bernard E Jones. A very respected and eminent Masonic author, especially in the field of Masonic instruction. I have used my copy many times in the past when compiling instructional presentations and wouldn't be without it.

This book published in 1950, is in good condition and is split into six sections, there are 557 pages in total and this book has a dust jacket which is a bit scruffy, hence not shown in the photograph.

Book One: Operative Masonry and the London company.

Book Two: Speculative Masonry.

Book Three: The Grand Lodges.

Book Four: The Craft Degrees and Other Matters.

Book Five: The Lodge and Many Related Subjects.

Book Six: The Royal Arch, Mark Masonry and Additional Degrees.

Within each of the sections are several chapters, jam packed full of useful instruction. 31 black and white photographs and countless illustrations.

An extremely useful book for any Freemason and would be invaluable to the newer Brother, or even an experienced Mentor to help him to answer some of the many questions put by junior Brethren.