• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could just KICK myself for ignoring all this stuff when the Wall came down...

ALREADY could read German...

but was so caught up in cheap Russian (also being able to read THAT)...

:banger::banger::banger:

Oh well.

Can't have EVERYTHING....

Though I must say it looks like you are very well along towards that actual goal with DDR awards. :cheers:

Thanks Rick , i know exactly what you mean !

There is a small militaria / fishing / air rifle shop about 10 miles away that i used to visit regularly years ago and he had masses of raindrop cammo DDR stuff , full to bursting with it .

Decided to go last week to pick up a few bits and pieces - nothing nada zilch not even a belt .............. :banger:

Johann Gottfried Herder medal

The Johann Gottfried Herder medal was awarded in memory of Johann Gottfried Herder to Russian language teachers and for outstanding achievements in the subject of the Russian language.

The first time awardings took place on the 7th May 1957 to 20 Russian teachers.

Starting from the year 1958 they were also awarded to high school graduates and also to students and apprentices for outstanding achievements in Russian.

Awarded in three classes Gold, silver and bronze, in each case with an enamelled honour clip. The medal was awarded on commemorative events, organised frequently by the society of German-Soviet friendship.

Regards Eddie.

Hi,

Eddiethumbsup.gif

Grant, there are different versions, your medal is the last version, lacquered, the most common.

And there are different colours for these medals:

- for teacher in blue (1957 - 1963), in red (1964 - 1989),

- for students in blue (1957 - 1972), in grey (1973 -1975), in green (1975 - 1989),

- for pupils in blue (1957 - 1989)

The medals were awarded with award documents from the "Gesellschaft f?r Deutsch-Sowjetische Freundschaft" (GDSF or DSF), the document in a blue map with GDSF logo.

Uwe

Edited by speedytop

Grant... another terrific find!!!! You ever want to let that bar go give me a nudge! :jumping::love::jumping:

And so glad you got the Police medal... do you like it as much as I thought you would?

Here's hoping you'll continue to find tons more!!!! :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 3 months later...

Set of 3 Divers badges .

These are the Russian made ones . whats the difference between these and the other badges showing the diver climbing a ladder ?

Hi Grant,

The ones with the anchor are for navy divers, ''Specialtaucher der Seestreitkr?fte'' .

The other sort you mention with the ladder are for engineer divers of the army, ''Pioniertaucher der landstreitkr?fte''.

Regards Eddie.

Edited by Taz