News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My DDR awards collection

• Replies 276
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Nesredep ! :cheers:

Here is a Silver Civil Defence Medal , can anyone tell me what this was for ?

I presume the set of 3 above were for long service ?

Verdienstmedaille der Zivilverteidigung der DDR (Civil Defense Medal of Merit )

Instituted in 1970, and awarded for merit in the branches of the civil defence.

Three classes Gold, Silver and Bronze

The Medaille f?r Treue Pflichterf?llung in der Zivilverteidigung der DDR (Medal for Long service in Civil Defense - 30,20 and 10 Years) instituted in 1977, was the long service award.

Regards Eddie

Edited by Taz

New arrival and quite scarce :

DDR Officers cap badge on the left used from 1960 - June 1990

On the right a "Unification" Officers cap badge worn by East German officers working with the Bundeswehr used from July 1990 until October 1990 ( 4 months ) .

Hi Grant,

My friend... once again you've been outdoing yourself... some terrific additions to your DDR collection! :jumping::jumping: That cap badge is one I didn't even know about... but that's the great thing about all this as we learn something new each and every day. :cool:

Keep up the great work... you'll have enough to fill a wing in a museum before too long. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Again of the beaten track slightly , my first tunic for a Para Haupman :

Dan - Great medals but the para tunic appears to be a put together of mostly original parts. The para badge however is the one from the early 1960 and less than 300 were awarded and the original is extremely rare. These were restruck by the original maker shortly after the fall of the wall. It's hard to tell from the photo is the material wool or gaberdine?

Hi ehrentitle,

I,ve posted more pics of this tunic on the East German section , can you enlighten me as to why it,s a put together ?

Thanks

Grant

Grant - I was in a bit of a rush because I was at work, that's why I called you Dan rather than Grant. Trying to multi-task and failing at it. I'll look at the other thread and provide comments there. Kevin

Grant - I was in a bit of a rush because I was at work, that's why I called you Dan rather than Grant. Trying to multi-task and failing at it. I'll look at the other thread and provide comments there. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I "resemble" that remark! :cheeky: Seriously though... it's an honor to be mixed up with Grant! :beer:

:lol: This forum isn't that active so I tend to forget names.

Hi Kevin,

Not a problem my friend. Again, anytime anyone wants to confuse me with Grant, yourself or any of the greats here at GMIC I will take it as a great honor. :jumping::jumping::beer:

Well that,s a first for me , i,ve never been called Dan before . Garth , Gareth even Gerrad but never Dan :cheeky:

Here,s some more goodies , sticking to what i know ! :

General clasp grade 3 , Rocket troops clasp grade 1

Seamen grade 3 , Border guard grade 3

type 2 panzer clasp grade 3 , transport clasp grade 3

And their little brothers :

Type 2 mini's :

Panzer grade 2 , Aircraft Technician grade 3 , general clasp grade 3

The detail on these is great ! really imressed with these i,ll have to get some more did they do these in the last type of clasp upto 1990 ?

And their little brothers :

Type 2 mini's :

Panzer grade 2 , Aircraft Technician grade 3 , general clasp grade 3

The detail on these is great ! really imressed with these i,ll have to get some more did they do these in the last type of clasp upto 1990 ?

Grant, Dan, whoever you are! :P Great badges all, especially the mini qual badges for the lapel which are relatively hard to get. I don't ever recall seeing mini-badges for the post-1986 qual badges.

• 3 weeks later...

And these flew in this morning :

Aircraft qualification clasps type 2 grades 1 , 2 & 3

Very nice, this style of pilot's badge is hard to come buy. Would it be possible to show the reverse sides of each with the screw plates removed?